To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Nick wrote:Unable to post images and also very slow, almost to the point of being unusable.

Nick

That's a relief: I was beginning to think it was my Laptop.
gasman, Cessna571 liked this
By riverrock
Error on the eventspage:
"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/flyer/public_html/wp-content/themes/lionhouse-theme/templates/partials/content_blocks/_root.php on line 7"
By johnm
The response to snags isn't exactly at the speed of light, so there are questions for the supplier to be answering. There's several folk on here with long experience of managing techies and I'm sure would be willing to help
By TopCat
johnm wrote: there are questions for the supplier to be answering.

The main one being, I'd suggest, is:

"What has changed that would account for the site being consistently about 10x slower than before all the buggering about with everything started?"

Given the lack of response on the performance issues, I'd be quite surprised if the issue was resolvable just by increasing the amount of memory available to a VM. Likewise, hopefully someone would know if a RAID disk had died and the whole thing was now limping along waiting for the next one to go...

It's quite odd... the forum used to be one of the fastest sites I use. Often a sub-second response time. Now literally an order of magnitude slower.

I'd be quite interested to see a diagram showing how the whole thing hangs together.
johnm liked this
By Shoestring Flyer
This forum now is just such a pain to use...
1.It is still intermittently so very slow.
2.It shows 'Sign in' at the top of the page when I am already logged in. Then when I want to log out I can't because there is no means of doing so! So I then try and sign in again (When I am already actually signed in!) it then eventually after more faffing around I do eventually get it to show 'Log out' which it then allows me to do.....Such a faff every time !
3. When first logging in I get a pahe page with message saying 'The requested page doesnot exist'.
Please sort it all out. The forum has been a mess for far too long now....patience is wearing thin!
By TopCat
Tried to upload an image earlier. Used to work a treat, peasy, quick. Now, not so much.

This "testing" thing that was supposedly carried out as part of the 'upgrade' (new use of the word 'upgrade' I hadn't come across before).

Tell us more about that.
By rikur_
Uploading images no longer works for me either, albeit I'm fairly sure it has worked at some point since the migration (being pedantic the upload appears to work but the page errors to a blank screen on the call back to insert thr URL to the uploaded image)