To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By Longfinal
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Every time I open the forum on iOS, I’m asked about my cookie choices. I make them and save my preferences. Next time, I’m asked again and every time I save my preferences. It really is tedious. Am I doing something wrong or is the only way to allow cookies so that my preference is remembered which seems a catch 22?
Smaragd liked this
By skydriller
Welcome to the wonderfull world of GDPR..??? :wink:
By GrahamB
It should be mandatory for every website to allow you to set a cookie that says ‘I’ve told you my choices, don’t bloody ask again!’
ArthurG, Smaragd, Nick and 2 others liked this
By johnm
It has become routine for websites to ask in the hope that you will eventually get fed up and accept all.

GDPR is not the issue its implementation is the issue. That involves the usual UK gold plating and over zealous application in many cases, it also involves efforts to get round it :-)
By johnm
JAFO wrote:@johnm - when it comes to the UK, you do seem to be able to spot the tunnel at the end of the light, no matter how bright.

Indeed I am less and less enamoured of those in charge of managing the country of my birth, but quite a few others are even worse :-) I blame humans :-)
lobstaboy, JAFO liked this
By skydriller
johnm wrote:GDPR is not the issue its implementation is the issue. That involves the usual UK gold plating and over zealous application in many cases, it also involves efforts to get round it :-)

That'll be why over here in france I have exactly the same issues with websites as described above and why additionally alot of web content is actually "blocked in my country"...
Colonel Panic, johnm liked this
By johnm
Indeed @skydriller it highlights the degree to which we've become the product and how difficult it is to resist that..... Interestingly many folk are entirely relaxed about being the product so the system clearly works for a lot of folk.
By SLH74
Longfinal wrote:Every time I open the forum on iOS, I’m asked about my cookie choices. I make them and save my preferences. Next time, I’m asked again and every time I save my preferences. It really is tedious. Am I doing something wrong or is the only way to allow cookies so that my preference is remembered which seems a catch 22?

What browser do you use and have you ever fiddled with privacy settings?
Sometimes you can set browsers to delete history or cookies on exit. That would probably remove all cookies each time you close the browser, meaning that you'd have to accept everything when you return.
I've sometimes done that, not wanting people to snoop on me. I then relent when having to keep accepting cookies on each website.