To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By Rob P
Yes, that works a treat. Except when they can't stop themselves peeking. :lol:

Rob P
By Rob P
True. Always send them a PM so that they know.

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Jim Jones wrote:The best form of ignoring someone is when you let them know clearly that you are ignoring them.
Publishing one’s ignore list would be an essential. .

On reflection, though I gave this a 'like', but the one occasion I informed my 'ignore list' nominee of his presence on the list, I was reminded of this constantly on the forum over the following few months.

A bit like the yobs in the ar se end of Liverpool wear their ASBOs as a badge of honour. :roll:

The complete absence of any trace now on the forum is good enough for me. :wink:
Jim Jones liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
PeteSpencer wrote:On reflection, though I gave this a 'like', but the one occasion I informed my 'ignore list' nominee of his presence on the list, I was reminded of this constantly on the forum over the following few months.

Breaking up is always hard, especially after a bromance...

:D
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
PeteSpencer wrote: ... but the one occasion I informed my 'ignore list' nominee of his presence on the list, I was reminded of this constantly on the forum over the following few months.

:scratch:

If this unnamed individual was on your ignore list, how was he/she able to remind you of anything on the forum?

Sounds like the forum software has a glitch.

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Genghis the Engineer
I have one current person on my ignore list, and regularly see "X, who is on your ignore list, has posted on this topic".

On the whole, I'd rather not be reminded of his existence!

G
By PeteSpencer
Genghis the Engineer wrote:I have one current person on my ignore list, and regularly see "X, who is on your ignore list, has posted on this topic".

On the whole, I'd rather not be reminded of his existence!

G

That was my OP query: I used to get that, with the post oranged out:

Now the post doesn't happen , doesn't appear anywhere and just doesn't exist. No warnings, no nuffink.

Suits me, but can lead to confusion as happened today when I answered a question which immediately followed my post, but was evidently aimed at my ignore person who had posted unseen to me .

As an example, there are no posts visible to me from ignoree on this thread.

Minor and completely acceptable side effect. :lol:
By Morten
There is also an "Add Friend" button. What does this do?