To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
I'm using a spare laptop to try the new beta of macOS Big Sur with no ad blockers etc. TBH this is all of a bit of a joke.

Did you mean to post this here?

Ian
T6Harvard liked this
By Cessna571
Colonel Panic wrote:I'm using a spare laptop to try the new beta of macOS Big Sur with no ad blockers etc. TBH this is all of a bit of a joke.

I posted a picture like that and was told

“If you don’t like it, leave”.

It is a joke, but the content is good.
I stayed.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Cessna571 wrote:I posted a picture like that and was told

I stayed.

Hope it was not me who told you that.

To hijack the thread a little more, the simple explanation is that we need all the income we can get. Covid has had a significant impact on our revenue, and obviously not in a good way.

Ian
T6Harvard liked this
By Sir Morley Steven
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
G-BLEW wrote:
Cessna571 wrote:I posted a picture like that and was told

I stayed.

Hope it was not me who told you that.

To hijack the thread a little more, the simple explanation is that we need all the income we can get. Covid has had a significant impact on our revenue, and obviously not in a good way.

Ian

Another one for due Covid!
By Rob P
G-BLEW wrote:... the simple explanation is that we need all the income we can get.

None of us who have spent our life in the commercial world would find that surprising. It's probably the sole reason many FLYER Club subscribers have stumped up, not for benefits we'll probably never use (Simon's forecasts apart)

But beware "diminishing returns". It is a reality.

Rob P
JAFO liked this
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Another one for due Covid!

The website ads pre-date Covid by maybe 18 months, but the revenue is now more important. Business models for many have and will continue to change due Covid, and the changes in behaviour that it's brought.

Ian