To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Anyone else getting those annoying and possibly virus laden pop ups (despite popups off) that claim I can have a free ipad? Started last week, not every visit to forum, but some. Haven't had it elsewhere.
By Cessna571
I was lucky enough to get one the other day and signed up for my free iPad.
Not everyone gets them, you have to be a winner.

It’s not TOTALLY free though, you have to pay £49.99 shipping, but let’s face it, if the iPad is free, you don’t mind being taken advantage of on the shipping.

They take the money direct from your account, so I know it’s legitimate.

I’ve already paid for one for me, one for my wife and one for each of my parents.

They should be arriving any day now, can’t wait.

FlyerForum is a good place for these sorts of ads. :thumleft:
Irv Lee liked this
By Irv Lee
@jafo re Covid, not re computer viruses:
It might have to advertise soon. I have a Romanian prospective student (I use the word "prospective" one-sidedly, to invent a word) telling me of covid parties there - they attend to prove their cure theory, knowledge of which (he tells me) their Govt suppresses.... if that alledged suppression ever stopped, the virus might have to advertise for hosts.
Don't bother to ask what the cure is, he has revealed that information, but fortunately and secretly (I hope) I am an agent of the Romanian government, so obviously I am not going to spill the beans on this :pirat:
JAFO liked this
By TheFarmer
I’m getting them daily again.

Starting to put me off coming here now.
By Irv Lee
@TheFarmer do you agree they ("ipad won" popups) started sometime last week?
By JAFO
TheFarmer wrote:I’m getting them daily again.

Starting to put me off coming here now.

Popups or Romanian students?
By TheFarmer
Irv Lee wrote:@TheFarmer do you agree they ("ipad won" popups) started sometime last week?

Yep. They did
By VRB_20kt
Anyone else getting snail mail offers?

I’m due for a share in $11m any time soon. A nice lawyer in China sent me a first class letter offering half of some money that’s been sitting in his client account for years. He needed a few thousand in release monies and I expect there will be some other disbursements but when the $5m arrives I should finally be able to afford a lovely Vans and an airstrip too.
By Irv Lee
@VRB_20kt errr... no actually! But I have had a sudden wave of phone calls from HMRC in the same period, they tell me they are about to start criminal proceedings unless I pay a sum today, but I see it as if they have enough tax to fund police to come round to my door with a warrant later today as threatened, they don't need my money, they have enough already.
By Dodo
For first time ever I had one of these on my phone looking at the forum yesterday evening. (free ipad). I didn't click on the x to close it, and instead closed all open tabs and cleared all the stored data from my phone. (Following advice from some random page on the internet, as you do.)

Seems to have got rid of it.

If I had clicked the x in the top right corner what would have happened. Would it have gone away, or taken me to a dodgy site, or installed malware?
By Jim Jones
Got that free Ipad pop up today. It wont go away unless you interact with it, which I don't.
I think it will deter users who access via a phone. Doesn't happen on PC or on any other sites using my phone
By Cessna571
My free iPads are on their way.
I got a txt earlier.

Going to be here by the end of the week apparently. :thumleft:

£200 for 4 iPads, can’t go wrong.
By GAFlyer4Fun
I sometimes wonder what is going on with the forum web pages as with a laptop the flyer icon on the browser tab can be circling for a very long time on a good internet connection.
I dont get this with other sites.

I presume there is some intermittent incompatibility/contention somewhere or the antivirus is fending something off in the depths of whatever else the adverts link to and their links etc etc.

On numerous occasions this week my antivirus has displayed a popup whilst browsing the forum for blocking what it thinks is suspicious. It offers to let me display it if I know it is from a trusted source, however there insufficient info to know which ones it is having issues with so safer not to let it display stuff it does not like.