To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By pembroke
Am I the only one that finds the latest “attention ads” at the base of the page, plus the middle section “pop up” really annoying? I understand that ads pay for the forum pages but I calculated, using maths from school many moons ago, over 40% of the page are ads. Before you ask, this is an I pad mini and I tried to google preferences etc. On a brighter note, hope all goes well 04/07, still shut down here but more about that another day!
JAFO, mick w liked this
By foxmoth
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The ones at the top are annoying as well - you click on a page only to find as you do it that an ad loads at the top and you are opening something totally different :? How do the advertisers think something annoying like this will attract you to a product ??
TheFarmer, mick w, skydriller and 2 others liked this
By skydriller
foxmoth wrote:The ones at the top are annoying as well - you click on a page only to find as you do it that an ad loads at the top and you are opening something totally different :? How do the advertisers think something annoying like this will attract you to a product ??

Yes. This: https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=115480#unread
By Rob P
Frankly I'm happy to tolerate some commercial messages to fund my hobby.

The current deluge is beyond acceptable

Rob P
By seanxair
I use Adblock on my PC and an Adblock browser on my phone and get zero adverts. I know it is part of the business model to have them but I wouldn't bother looking in if I had to put up with them.
By skydriller
Rob P wrote:Frankly I'm happy to tolerate some commercial messages to fund my hobby.
The current deluge is beyond acceptable
Rob P

With you on this. I want the forum, it has to be funded somehow, I know that advertising makes it happen, so I dont use an ad blocker. But some of them are actually now beginning to get intrusive.

I dont mind the ads between some of the posts, or the ones at the side - I have even been known to click on a few too.

What I dont like is that the top of the page ad often makes the forum jump just as I select a post so that it doesnt load that one, but a different one, and its not a matter of just waiting an extra 5 seconds, because it doesnt work that way, it appears to be entirely random, which is even more irritating!!

The new bottom of the page pop up ads are definitely more intrusive, I can live with that for the most part, but on a tablet (not noticed on PC) there is definitely an issue with them freezing the screen so it wont scroll sometimes. Shutting down the browser tab is the only solution at that point.

Regards, SD..
By PeteSpencer
Is anybody else’s forum feed awash with medical negligence ads today ?

Has something happened that I’m not yet privy to?

Peter
By johnm
If you find then annoying then encourage Ian to charge board members more :twisted:

I read the board on big PC, mini ipad and iphone at various times, the adverts are a trivial irritant and a price well worth paying IMHO. Too many bloody snowflakes on 'ere :twisted:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this