To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By seanxair
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Is there a better thing/app/programme to read it with other than the ISSUU it comes on?

I am struggling to read any of it as it is too small. If I zoom in it's a right faff and I have to keep shifting the page about. And often it doesn't stay where I've put it. Get a sick headache from trying.

Used to read an on-line version of the Racing Post without much trouble but can't remember the app that was used.

Using a normal pc and screen. Can't imagine it will be better on a tablet?
JAFO, Grelly, PeteSpencer liked this
By cockney steve
Following the" bungled mail-merge"I could view the magazine. letter, I got another one, followed directions and up popped a question, "are you steve 1234" -if not, exit (or words to that effect ) After a couple of retries, I decided I'm no-longer "cockney-steve"and accepted the name-change.....Then I view my E-mails and lo and behold, there's a mail telling me I can now log-in as "steve1234" no mention of that mail in the signing-up process. I still can't access the "member's area" , still seem to have a mixture of ID's, membership numbers and passwords. (not actually bothered, as landing-vouchers are not really a lot of use to me!) No doubt I'll eventually work out the correct combination, but meanwhile, thanks to the above respondents who explained that "ISSUU" is a reader-app
(I'd assumed it was a publisher/provider. That explains why it doesn't work very well in Opera. (page-enlargement freezes, other oddities ) last issue worked OK, just the hassle of having to enlarge every page and then shuffle it around the screen.
it is what it is, I can live with it! :(
By Genghis the Engineer
Readly.

Fixed monthly payment of £7.99, readable on just about any device, gives you Flyer, Pilot, Plane and Pilot and Flying (and about 1500 others including - critically, all the WW2 RAF Commando Comics when they come out.)

Presumably Ian is happy about the value he gets from Readly, or the magazine wouldn't be on there.

G
By Rob P
My experience is that it is a very comfortable read on my desktop PC with a good-quality 27" monitor.

Trying to read it on the 8.5" Huawei Mediapad is a very tiresome exercise and not to be recommended.

Rob P
By AndyR
Rob P wrote:My experience is that it is a very comfortable read on my desktop PC with a good-quality 27" monitor.

Trying to read it on the 8.5" Huawei Mediapad is a very tiresome exercise and not to be recommended.

Rob P

Read mine on the iPad mini
By Grelly
If there is a way of downloading a PDF, can someone point me at it? I too hate the issuu thing.

(Completely agree with the Bossman's squawk article, BTW)
By Rob P
AndyR wrote:
Read mine on the iPad mini

Thanks Andy, that's very generous. How are you going to get it to me?

Rob P
TheFarmer, AndyR liked this
By Charles Hunt
I can't read it with my limited computer skills and aged machinery, but the double page pic of the red a/c against the green grass displayed beautifully and stopped me in my tracks.. Fabulous.
By GrahamB
Grelly wrote:If there is a way of downloading a PDF, can someone point me at it? I too hate the issuu thing.

(Completely agree with the Bossman's squawk article, BTW)

Top left of the screen there should be an icon to touch/click.
Grelly liked this
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Human Factor wrote:Make it available as a PDF and it can be read on one of the standard readers.

It is available as a PDF from Issuu, just choose download.

HTH

Ian