To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Non Aviation is taking up way too much modding time and generating too many issues, so it's taking a break. When it comes back it'll still have the no politics, no personal attacks rule.

Ian
By Cessna571
If “You know who” starts posting all over the aviation threads, can you take a sterner line with him next time, rather than just closing the forum for the rest of us.

That’s 2 threads he got closed, and now a whole sub forum.

I know you don’t ban people, but maybe we need a “warning” system rather than just letting someone (who isn’t a pilot) troll the forum.

The usual resident non pilot at least has an interest in aircraft.

(and I think we all know there’s more than meets the eye to his protestations of not being a pilot ;-) though it is true, he’s not a pilot)
By defcribed
I'm curious to know who "you know who" is now!

Is it me?!?! I am a pilot though.

I did post something in one of the non-av threads just before they were donked, something that was truthful, polite and not of a political bent. I can imagine it perhaps got some robust responses from those of a certain political bent, but I never saw them if they happened.
By SteveN
By it's nature I guess non aviation will be moderation heavy. I think it is certainly the best behaved of the fora I dip into.
Some invaluable content in there so please don't purge it.
Perhaps adding a new rule requiring the third person only might reduce bun fights.
It would help in guiding newcomers who are not familiar with the forum niceties.
If technically possible anonymous quotations only would also help reduce them.

Re workload do you not have a few trusted stalwarts in mind that could be persuaded to run moderation for non aviation specifically ?

Steve
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
We also put people on permanent moderation if we feel it's required, but it sometimes is actioned after much damage has already been done.
Unfortunately we can't police the forum 24/7 as we have lives, jobs and families.