To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By santon
I should firstly state that the move to digital has prompted me to cancel my sub due to a mix of me becoming a miserable old scrote and my perception that the mag has become stale. However this is my take on what I'd like to see more of/less of in the mag. I'm sure others will have differing opinions and ideas which would be interesting to hear.

I'd like more of:

Interesting columns. I loved Brian Lecomber and presently like Mark Hales
    Technical articles. eg. the art of wire locking, maintenance of the 912, the dos and don'ts of aviation wiring and so on
    "days out" articles. Airfields to fly to and then do something with the other half when you get there. eg. visiting the garlic farm near Sandown, visiting the castle near Welshpool etc.

Reviews such as using consumer ANR headsets with attached mic (I appreciate that this is very difficult if advertisers are not to be upset) and whether aviation oils really are any different from motorcycle/ car oils etc.
    Trip reports that focus on the destination and why to go there. There is a good such series in the LAA mag at present.

I'd like less of:

Trip reports of the "we took off, we landed, had a beer, went to bed" variety.
    Reviews of yet another new low wing/high wing Rotax two seater. Surely we already have enough.
    Perceived padding out with endless accident reports.

OK. The above is only my personal take. Other opinions are available and welcome.

Ready for incoming !
:D