To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By Jim Jones
I’m consistently experiencing a delay when typing here using my iPad. It doesn’t happen on other sites, forms or when emailing. Text appears about 2 seconds after hitting the key. Same with editing typos which is frustrating .

Anyone also get this.?
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
This is the most poorly performing website I visit - but seems only fair not to use an ad-blocker since that is the way I'm paying for the privilege of coming here (maybe Ian can create a "Gold Member" status in the future for a version without adverts!).
I left the network tab open on this browser's "developer tools" for a few minutes there when I was called away. It shows hundreds of JavaScript Errors and warnings and 2382 background requests to servers of which there were 261 errors. Windows tells me it is using 25% CPU and over 1GB RAM just to keep this site open.
However we're staying with flyer because of the content and the community - not their IT skills.
Cessna571 liked this
By rikur_
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
riverrock wrote:This is the most poorly performing website I visit - but seems only fair not to use an ad-blocker since that is the way I'm paying for the privilege of coming here (maybe Ian can create a "Gold Member" status in the future for a version without adverts!).

+1
Cessna571 liked this
By Cessna571
I’ve given up using it from a iPad.
The background fetching kills my iPad.
There’s something seriously wrong with the site and there has been for some time.
I’m still a member of Flyer club though and I still read and post here when I can.