To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
For about the last two months I’ve lost my partly completed posts - before I’ve been able to post them.

Occasionally I am typing a slightly longer reply - then suddenly the forum seems to “refresh” itself and I find I have lost everything I’ve spent 10-15 minutes typing. When it “refreshes” it seems to reload the page - but all my typing has gone.

Is this a forum, or an iPad issue?
So you never see[1] "this page is using a lot of memory" (Safari on OSX) or "This page has reloaded because of a problem" (Safari on iPadOS)?

[1] I'm paraphrasing

I see those recurrently..... the refresh -> lost post is more intermittent. I've only seen it on the iPad.
By GrahamB
PaulB wrote:So you never see[1] "this page is using a lot of memory" (Safari on OSX) or "This page has reloaded because of a problem" (Safari on iPadOS)?

[1] I'm paraphrasing

I see those recurrently..... the refresh -> lost post is more intermittent. I've only seen it on the iPad.

Never, but then I unashamedly used AdlockPlus on the Mac, and BlockBear on the iOS devices.
2Donkeys liked this
GrahamB wrote:
PaulB wrote:So you never see[1] "this page is using a lot of memory" (Safari on OSX) or "This page has reloaded because of a problem" (Safari on iPadOS)?

[1] I'm paraphrasing

Never, but then I unashamedly used AdlockPlus on the Mac, and BlockBear on the iOS devices.

That’s interesting..... I don’t see them in recounting use, but almost invariably I leave the browser open and close the lid. If I then leave the Mac/iPad for a few hours i’ll more than likely see the aforementioned errors.

The refresh and lose post error is completely random and rare(ish).
By Flyin'Dutch'

[1] I'm paraphrasing

I do see that but I don't do anything with it, don't lose any prepa........

:D
Lefty wrote:For about the last two months I’ve lost my partly completed posts - before I’ve been able to post them.

Occasionally I am typing a slightly longer reply - then suddenly the forum seems to “refresh” itself and I find I have lost everything I’ve spent 10-15 minutes typing. When it “refreshes” it seems to reload the page - but all my typing has gone.

Is this a forum, or an iPad issue?

It’s constant this morning, every post for me
It's a Safari thing, I think. If I was to guess whether the issue lies with Safari (iOS & OSX but with different manifestations) or the forum software, I'd have to guess the latter as the error doesn't manifest itself *anywhere* else.
I'll take your 1.92Gb and raise it to over 2Gb

Closing the forum window but leaving safari open reduces the memory usage instantly

re-opening Flyer shows it as using 225Mb but within 5 mins that has risen to over 750Mb.

So is it something on the Flyer page or cràp memory handling on the part of Safari (or both)? Why do I not see it on *any* other pages?