To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By PaulB
Have there been any recent web page changes? I ask because I'm seeing a couple of things that I used not to see.

The first is a message in my Browser (Safari (latest version) running on OSX 10.14.6) that says the web page has been reloaded because it was using significant memory. I don't see this on any other pages.

The second is on Safari iPadOS 13.1.3. Here when you get the drop down from the bell icon to see replies to posts, mentions etc, I used to be able to tick them individually. This no longer works. The "mark all as read" does work.

Anyone else seeing this?
By PaulB
But I only get that warning on flyer forums (and don’t see any “pop ups”)
By Cessna571
PaulB wrote:But I only get that warning on flyer forums (and don’t see any “pop ups”)

The other pages you visit must be more reputable.
Which popups do you get across the bottom of the screen?
By PaulB
Cessna571 wrote:
PaulB wrote:But I only get that warning on flyer forums (and don’t see any “pop ups”)

The other pages you visit must be more reputable.
Which popups do you get across the bottom of the screen?

Don’t class those as pop-up. They are just ads served by someone or other (google probably.)
By PaulB
I'm still seeing this on my iMac and MacBook pro in Safari....

Does anyone else see it and what's causing it. As said above it *only* happens with Flyer Forums.

By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I used to see that from time to time, yes. I've switched to Firefox (for the added privacy gubbins) this year on the laptop and haven't seen it again.
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
PaulB wrote:I'm still seeing this on my iMac and MacBook pro in Safari....

Does anyone else see it and what's causing it. As said above it *only* happens with Flyer Forums.

For me, performance had improved markedly until a few weeks ago, when it went down hill again.
The Flyer Form tab on my browser is currently taking up 20% CPU on this laptop. This laptop is powerful (i5, 8th Gen, , 24GB RAM).
Don't currently have an adblocker set to run on this site (seems fair to me for me to "pay" for access by seeing adverts).
By Cessna571
JonathanB wrote:I used to see that from time to time, yes. I've switched to Firefox (for the added privacy gubbins) this year on the laptop and haven't seen it again.

That’s simply because Firefox doesn’t report the memory leak!

It’s still there though
PaulB liked this
By Cessna571
On an iPhone you can look at your usage stats in settings.
It says I’m accessing “iwm.tal.net” loads.

So I put a “5 minute usage block” on it.

Sometimes (not always) if I browse the forum for longer than 5 minutes it pops up that it’s used 5 mins and it’ll now block it.