To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By MarkOlding
There are a number of posts on this Forum (and of course others) that I've read recently where Forumite A has quickly taken a dislike / offence to Forumite B's comments and a battle of words quickly erupts.
In some cases A or B offer a different explanation of their comments and it gets resolved amicably, in others it simmers and stews and never really goes away.

It got me thinking - if there was an enforced Count to 10 or cool down period between reading a post and being able to reply to it, would there be as much flouncing/snowflaking/grumpiness and being offended for the sake of being offended on the Forum ?
PaulB, AlanC liked this
By rf3flyer
MarkOlding wrote: It got me thinking - if there was an enforced Count to 10 or cool down period between reading a post and being able to reply to it, would there be as much flouncing/snowflaking/grumpiness and being offended for the sake of being offended on the Forum ?

Been guilty of that myself in the past and it's not a commendable trait. Nowadays I visit the forum not logged-in so if I want to post a reply there is an inevitable small delay in being able to do so. Next step is to write the response, read it carefully to correct my lousy typing/grammar, poor choice of words. More often than not I then back away from the post and log back out. Works for me.
MarkOlding, PaulB liked this
I just hit the 'ignore' button on Forumite B and it all goes away instantly and long lastingly (about 2 years to date).
A suggestion by Mr Seager.
Suits me.
Caveat: This method does not work for big egos who must have the last word, but works perfectly for the 'just walk away' camp.

Peter :lol:
townleyc liked this
By Rob P
^^^^^ But do remember you have to PM the ignoree to make certain they know they are being ignored and then frequently take a sneaky peek at their posts. :lol:

Rob P