To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By velostar
I gave up on the wrinkly fruit because of ads. When enlarging the text by pinching out the ads covered the forum text (on iPad) so it wasn’t a great experience. I hope this site do ant go the same way as my usage will go the same way as the other site.
By Cessna57
@G-BLEW

This is a thread with views by many people, not just me.

Please don’t attribute things others have said to me.

I can’t be bothered to go through and point out which things others said and which things I’ve said that you detailed in your rant.

I tried to be constructive in my rant. It was a rant about the new ridiculous ads, the fact about the wobbly sidebar not really needing testing, everyone saying it was hideous and I was trying to point out to others there are other places to meet if you really do want to shut the forum.

I subscribe to the magazine and will continue to do so, it would be a shame if you shut the forum, but it is your trainset as we all say.
By Cessna57
velostar wrote:I gave up on the wrinkly fruit because of ads. When enlarging the text by pinching out the ads covered the forum text (on iPad) so it wasn’t a great experience. I hope this site do ant go the same way as my usage will go the same way as the other site.

That’s not true. If you look at my content to advertising ratio thread below this, you’ll see what they now look like compared.

I was just trying to express an opinion that maybe it’s gone too far now? As have others.
By Cessna57
I didn’t say this for a start

“your comment about 'desperation' because of wrongly targeted ads is part of the test of the programatic advertising, which can be tweaked”
By Miscellaneous
Cessna57 wrote:I didn’t say this for a start

“your comment about 'desperation' because of wrongly targeted ads is part of the test of the programatic advertising, which can be tweaked”

That'll be why the full quote is;

(Misc, your comment about 'desperation' because of wrongly targeted ads is part of the test of the programatic advertising, which can be tweaked).

Twas me who said that. :D
By PaulSS
@G-BLEW Just in case you're surveying numbers; I also do not like the right hand bar that attempts to keep all the adverts in view but actually ends up stuttering and flickering when you scroll up or down.

Command+ will shift it out of view but it does make my screen look like I can't pass the eyesight test :D
Nick liked this
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It’s a shame that Google Ads isn’t clever enough to know that because I’ve never, ever, clicked on one of these from any website and never will, that it’s time to give up displaying them to me.
Colonel Panic, Nick, PeteSpencer and 1 others liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It's happened: Breast enlargements, oversize bra ads, rather fetching Russian girls, now ads for gay holidays showing beefy oiled up gays leering towards the camera.

Now I've seen it all.

But at least the epilepsy inducing jerking and scrolling seems to have stopped.

Progress to be thankful for I guess.

Oh and the knicker ads continue thankfully........

Peter :roll:
By Boxkite
Like I said before, try Firefox with Adblock Plus (I also use Flashblock Plus).
Do it, if only for the forum.
I see no ads between posts and the right column only contains Flyer's own ads (eg. magazine and events). They've switched off the sliding right column but now it just flickers and vibrates - still not good.
There are some interesting car forums out there but I only go there when I need something because of the awful ads and the ridiculous signatures (incl photos) used to show off their cars or specs or latest favoured quotes.