To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By The Admin Team
FLYER Team Member  FLYER Team Member
Over the past few weeks there have been a few occasions where really old (>5 years) threads have been resurrected by posters - often by a reply to a previous post which was clearly very old.

Although there may be occasions where reviving an old thread is entirely appropriate most of the time it will result in people reading old stuff for one or two pages (often without realising) which is not helpful.

If you want to post something new about a subject, feel free to start a new thread and if you think it is helpful, refer to the old stuff with a link or quote.

Helps to keep things fresh.
By GolfHotel
Colonel Panic wrote:In my day the Mods had more important things to worry about ...

Clearly we need to misbehave more so they have something to do. :D

Ps. A couple of times I’ve been reading threads then suddenly noticed a post by say “Keef” then the penny drops. :cyclopsani: :cyclopsani:
Flying_john liked this
By Highland Park
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob L wrote:
Colonel Panic wrote:In my day the Mods had more important things to worry about ...

In your day the Mods were young and had free time! :D

...and presumably wore parkas and rode Vespas and/or Lambrettas...
By chevvron
The Admin Team wrote:Over the past few weeks there have been a few occasions where really old (>5 years) threads have been resurrected by posters - often by a reply to a previous post which was clearly very old.

Guilty :oops:
By Flying_john
And I thought the nature of the challenge WAS to find the oldest thread to link to and there was a prize at the end of the year.

As GH says " I’ve been reading threads then suddenly noticed a post by say “Keef” then the penny drops" and without fear of saying ME TOO - it is a pleasant reminder that he too is probably trying to work out how he can MOD from a place on high !
Rob P liked this
By TopCat
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:

Those were the days...........................

I'm back now :twisted:
By Rob P
Keef popped up on my Linked-In the other day. It was suggested I congratulate him on a 'work anniversary'.

It brought a smile to my face and, had I been of the persuasion that believes it would be effective, I might have offered up a prayer for my best wishes to be passed on.

It's an odd sort of immortality.

Rob
By mikehallam
Of course if you make Flyer New Posts the favouriteto click on, you do only see the current correspondence/replies and don't have to - unless you wish - read the ancient stuff,.
Never the less reviving an older subject makes more sense to me than everyone and his mater banging on all over again on it, forgetting that in recent history most points if not all have been thoroughly discussed. So Mod's, perhaps your suggestion isn't really appropriate for serious matters ?

My Penny worth,
mike hallam