To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By kanga
Paultheparaglider wrote:The email notifications for PMs seems to be on the blink as well.

.. and the e-mail notifications of new posts on threads to which I've contributed ..

[logged on today to find 'notifications, for none of which had an e-mail reached me]

but I shall await with due patience the efforts of Bossman's minions :)
By Rob P
A le Ron wrote:
flyingeeza wrote:Can't seem to upload an image either...

Nor can I

Me neither

It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.
By kanga
kanga wrote:..

.. and the e-mail notifications of new posts on threads to which I've contributed ..

[logged on today to find 'notifications, for none of which had an e-mail reached me]

but I shall await with due patience the efforts of Bossman's minions :)

something must have been fixed. I've just received an e-mail notification :thumright:
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
My like button still doesn't work: break-break- Mr Bossman while you are fixing the like button please could we have a dislike/'what a load of unadulterated cr ap' button too ?

It would cut down massively some of the drivel threads on here and I'm sure save bandwidth.

The 'ignore ' button is, after all. worth its weight in gold.....

Pretty please?

Peter :wink:
By Nick
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
PeteSpencer wrote:My like button still doesn't work: break-break- Mr Bossman while you are fixing the like button please could we have a dislike/'what a load of unadulterated cr ap' button too ?
<snipped>

Pretty please?

Peter :wink:

Like :thumleft:

Nick
By morticiaskeeper
As I use Tapatalk, and the like button is not available, although it is on the Army Rumour Network forum.

If anyone considers I may like their post, just add your own on my behalf!
By Paultheparaglider
I think the opposite, Mick. I think a dislike option would prove antagonistic, and spread contention and bad feeling.

It is a natural human emotion to like praise and to dislike criticism. However, in my experience, the response to each is disproportionate. In my career, it was a regular, and largely trying, task to give appraisals to subordinates. It was generally accepted practise to not only offer praise for good points, but to also indicate areas for improvement. I found it normal that no matter how much praise you lavished in these reviews, the focus of the subordinate was nearly always on the areas for improvement, even when these were very minor. And not really in the constructive way the process envisaged.

Giving a dislike, even when perhaps merited, will probably generate a similar disproportionate response. We already have the opportunity to put forumites we don't want to read on ignore, and we also have the even more adult option of simply passing over a post we don't like or giving a constructive response where we feel strongly enough about the post in question.

Personally, I hope Ian and the moderation team never see fit to introduce a dislike option.

I'd go further and argue that this might be a better place without the beauty parade like button. Although I accept I'm being a bit hypocritical here as I've used it myself a fair bit, I think I've found the last week or so without it quite refreshing.