To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By GolfHotel
I’m basically in agreement with Paul as regards the dislike button. But I do like to use the like button to indicate approval on occasions.
By Colonel Panic
Click on the "By [name]" bit of a post (next to the time stamp) and then click on "Add Friend" or "Add Foe"; if the latter is selected then posts from that person remain hidden unless you want to reveal them.
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Colonel,

What happens when you click on the 'friend' option?

Perhaps folk might think you fancy them.
By Paultheparaglider
It seems to make it easier to send PMs as the person's name then sits in a little box below your mailboxes. Additionally, if you get a message from them it shows up with a different colour envelope.

I only befriended Propwash, and he not long after did a runner. I haven't dared befriend anyone else since. :wink:
By PeteSpencer
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:I also think that if someone dislikes a posting then they can put that eloquently in a post - much better way to stimulate debate and further discussion than a negative utterance via a dislkie button.

Don't agree: on occasions posts are so trite as to not merit further consideration.

In this situation I reserve the right to blow a virtual raspberry without inviting whimpering hurt feelings posts or occasional abuse for expressing a sincerely held but contrary opinion.

Don't be a wimp mick w , hold out for a 'dislike' button. :wink:

Before the recent 'like' malfunction , pressing gave a caption' like/dislike' which led nowhere, apart from giving a like.....Now if you 'like' something, on clicking 'like' you only get a 'like':

However if you change your mind and wish to remove the 'like', a second press reveals 'like/dislike removed'.
So 'dislike' was in there once : bring it back I say!!

@CP the 'ignore' function is not half so much fun.....It cuts dicks off in their tracks with zero hassle, though the occasional 'ignoree' wears it with pride and even blabs about it : a talisman to be proud of: A bit like having an ASBO in Liverpool :roll:

Peter :thumright:
Nick liked this
By flybymike
Do ignoree dicks know that they are being ignored? or are they basking in the sublime but erroneous belief that their dickish behaviour is so successful that their target has become dumbfounded?