To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By avtur3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I would like to post a JPEG image within a post.

I'm trying to start a new topic including a JPEG image, clicking the insert image icon isn't very helpful, well compared with other forums I use.

Please could someone explain how I post a JPEG image which is on my computer into the forum.

Thanks ...
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Click reply, scroll down and click on the 'Upload an Image' tab - should be straightforward from there. If the image is already hosted elsewhere, you can just put the URL between image tags like this [img]image%20url%20goes%20here[/img]

HTH

Ian
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
G-BLEW wrote:Click reply, scroll down and click on the 'Upload an Image' tab - should be straightforward from there. If the image is already hosted elsewhere, you can just put the URL between image tags like this [img]image%20url%20goes%20here[/img]

HTH

Ian

Ian : please clarify:
Does this mean I can now post an image direct from my computer or does it still have to be hosted online somewhere like photobucket, which I find a complete PITA.
G-BLEW wrote:Click reply, scroll down and click on the 'Upload an Image' tab - should be straightforward from there. If the image is already hosted elsewhere, you can just put the URL between image tags like this [img]image%20url%20goes%20here[/img]

HTH

Ian

That a lot more betterer. :lol:

By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
PeteSpencer wrote:

HTH

Ian

Ian : please clarify:
Does this mean I can now post an image direct from my computer or does it still have to be hosted online somewhere like photobucket, which I find a complete PITA.

That is correct, you do NOT need to host the picture elsewhere. Uploading an image will cause it to be hosted, but the forum software takes care of it and you don;t have to worry about it.

Ian