To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By scottish_ppl
This forum software is now unusable on my Macbook pro. Safari hogging the cpu, fans running and battery draining. Check performance monitor and the resource hog is forums.flyer.co.uk.

It's like visiting some tacky corner of the internet with grubby adverts that annoy me and put a ridiculous load on the computer.

Flyer a savvy professional media brand? Not the impression this site gives now.
Last edited by scottish_ppl on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By jaycee58
My 2013 MacBook Pro isn't unusable but it definitely doesn't like the forum. I'm seeing CPU peaks of over 50% and temperatures above 60°C but it is varying quite a lot. CPU temperature drops back down to 45°C on leaving the forum. It's definitely causing serious battery drain. Unfortunately, the only cure appears to be to enable Adblock Plus on the site. I normally leave it disabled on this and a few other sites.

It could be worse...I updated my Windows PC last week for the first time in a year and it's now giving me adverts on the login page. I think I'll stick with Apple!
A le Ron liked this
By defcribed
Same. It feels like a pretty tacky part of the web now. Popups, browser hijacks, intrusive ads.

Whatever major changes you made recently in pursuit of greater revenue, I'd unmake them fairly sharpish or you'll find the tumbleweed rolling across the site. Obviously I don't have data, but it feels to me like posting volumes are down these last few weeks.
By TheKentishFledgling
*Posted on behalf of Flyer*

Firstly, thank you for your feedback - it's appreciated. At Flyer we work very closely with our partners to minimise the risk of delivering malware in any form. All of our partners operate stringent controls on creatives and ads they host on our behalf to minimise this risk to our users. We have escalated this issue to them all, but if you have any additional information, be it screengrabs, url's, etc, we would gladly share these with them. Many thank The Flyer Team'

Please PM me any of the additional info etc and I'll ensure it gets to the right place.

Thanks.