An anonymous forum to allow you to share those moments in flying that caused you concern. You can post without registering a username, registered users can log out to post
By Anon
Anonymous poster
Perhaps 2016 isn't going to be my year...departing Gloucester the other day, gear coming up, gear unsafe light stays on :shock:

Quick look in the mirror to find dangling bits :shock: :shock: , keeping airspeed below 107KIAS and recycling again now gear down but only 2 greens :shock: :shock: :shock: and :pale:

Twiddle with the emergency gear release thingy and wait for

what

seems

ages

and

ages

and Ahhhh three greens 8) time to 'touch nothing' and fly to my destination and land...New undercarriage switch being fitted tomorrow... :thumleft:
By simoon
A mirror ?

Been there done that, numerous tower flyby's, stick the switch down and pick a number between 1 and 3. The club CFIs laissez-faire attitude to it all finally convinced me to move elsewhere.
By Katamarino
So do most PA28Rs and retractable Cessnas I've flown. Simple and effective, and you can take zoomed-in photos in them that show the whole aircraft, which is cool.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Katamarino wrote:So do most PA28Rs and retractable Cessnas I've flown. Simple and effective, and you can take zoomed-in photos in them that show the whole aircraft, which is cool.

Hmmm ,none of the Arrows (and I've flown 6 or 7 of 'em) I've flown (including our own) have a mirror.

Where exactly is it attached?
By Katamarino
PeteSpencer wrote:
Katamarino wrote:So do most PA28Rs and retractable Cessnas I've flown. Simple and effective, and you can take zoomed-in photos in them that show the whole aircraft, which is cool.

Hmmm ,none of the Arrows (and I've flown 6 or 7 of 'em) I've flown (including our own) have a mirror.

It's on the left wingtip.

By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Katamarino wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:

It's on the left wingtip.

Neat!

Where can I get one.....