An anonymous forum to allow you to share those moments in flying that caused you concern. You can post without registering a username, registered users can log out to post
As it was my birthday today I decided to take the family out in our Auster j5g for a spot of lunch, kids in the back , wife in the front all having a great time sight seeing and videoing out the window, every one having a go on the camera passing it from front to back when it all went quiet!!! I mean instantly quiet " no coughs or splutters just quiet" All you could hear was the wind and the prop slowly winding down !!!
We were only at 1000ft ! As luck would have it there were three nice fields below to choose from so we were ok there , all trimmed and into wind now to fix the problem "the fuel was off" :pale: when the camera was being passed from front to back the wife had accidentally knocked the floor mounted fuel cock to off !!!
Quick as a flash, tap on, nose down to get prop spinning faster and she fired back up :thumleft:
Needles to say the kids thought it was a great fun, the wife flew all the way home with her eye's shut hanging on to my leg and didn't open them until short finals at base.
" I won't be flying again until I fit a guard round the fuel tap"

Austerwobbler. "won't forget this birthday in a hurry"
By kevmusic
That's what restart checks are there for. Well done!
By gfry
Sounds to me like you had it under control, even if you did'nt restart sounds like you were setup for a decent field.