An anonymous forum to allow you to share those moments in flying that caused you concern. You can post without registering a username, registered users can log out to post
By ROG
I recently went to collect our aircraft late sfternoon after its annual---there"s a big bill coming--one new cylinder plus other bits.
Anyway my lift to the airfield had departed--the engineers said they were leaving -ok i said as all seemed in order--i had checked new radio system with them. and looked at all the replacement bits--all in order.
So got into plane to strap in--guess what--as i moved the seat forward i discovered that the new belt would not go around my waist. After taking off my jacket and jumper i finall managed to secure belt and fly back to base--not very comfortable. A short fat person would not have got it round them . if you moved the seat back 3 notches --no problem.
Anyway our engineer is an exellent chap and after apologising profusely we discoved that one of the guys had fitted a new centre strap--PA28--WHICH WAS 5 OR SO INCHES SHORTER THAN THAN THE PREVIOUS strap. It was a different fitting to the P2 strap so i couldn"t use that as a temporary solution.With a new radio configuration i wasn"t keen to fly from the right.
Anyway what i have learned is collect the plane as early as possible in the day--then if there is a problem -plenty of time to get resolved.