An anonymous forum to allow you to share those moments in flying that caused you concern. You can post without registering a username, registered users can log out to post
By Anon
Anonymous poster
Mike T, Sorry about the anon post in the GA forum, clearly I hadn't read the rules. I currently don't believe anyone would identify the field through me, however I don't want to take the risk. As ATC were made aware of what had happened it is up to them and/or the instructor involved to take action as they see fit. I merely wanted to ask opionions here, I certainly don't want the ATCO to be tried on a public forum. To my mind the issue is not so much that the routing was requested, or that the instructor didn't know it, but in how it was dealt with in returning the instructor to the clubhouse.

Interestingly, once airborne yesterday and able to see local rain in the initial intended area I requested a change, which was approved with a routing over the same village, at around 4nm from the airfield it is clearly not within the ATZ. As I now know where it is it was easy to comply.

KNT754G wrote:Even if it were a notified VRP then, outside CAS, ATC should most definitely NOT be instructing aircraft to route OVER a VRP.

We would all like to know which airfield, me particularly as I control at an ATC airfield with an ATZ in class G.
If it is one of my ATCO then he/she will be getting collar felt!
PM accepted to retain anonymity if necessary! (assuming ANON can still post here under their anonymity)

KNT754G,

Thanks for the insight. You will be pleased to hear it was not one of your guys/gals.
By Talkdownman
Dave Phillips wrote:Yep. I think I'll shut up now before anyone else spots my (deliberate :whistle: ) mistake.
Of course.....Derry....... :wink:
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Anon wrote:As I now know where it is it was easy to comply.

But without naming the airfield and the village, the rest of us won't know/will get it wrong! :wink: