An anonymous forum to allow you to share those moments in flying that caused you concern. You can post without registering a username, registered users can log out to post
By OCB
[quote='adhawkins'][quote='OCB']Nope, Ursel - Belgium.[/quote]

Ah ok, I had something similar happen at Shobdon just after passing my Skills Test (although I still had my instructor with me as licence hadn't arrived). Was one of those 'hold on, *I'm* just turning base' moments when I heard him make the same call.

Andy[/quote]

Scary, isn't it!

:shock:
By Morley
Yesterday there wa confusion at Kemble when two aircraft called short final at the same time. Much of it was out of my sight but there had been a little to-ing and fro-ing earlier with one electing to orbit and the others short final not being quite as short as the other.

No danger of collision but deffo potential.

G-BLEW came in just after that - sozz I didnt stay Ian, needed to get back.
By Hum
Nice thread this.. here's a few I got away with:

- Started a C150 with full throttle set... pointing at another aeroplane... almost V ugly!!

- Switched off the engine in a microlight to demo an engine off landing into a farm strip... misjudged the strong headwind and reached for the starter button as the hedge loomed at an alarming rate to find my shoulder straps were too tight and I could not reach it.... Nurse!!! Luckily the little rotax burst into life the second I got the straps off and stabbed the button... Most impressive demo... not...

We have 2 jars, one labelled 'luck' that hopefully starts out full as we learn to fly & the other 'experience' that gradually fills as the other empties...
Last edited by Hum on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Ally
Hi Gerry,

Lets hope you have your lucky jar with you when we race this season!

See you at Sywell?

Race 1.