Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Boecopter
Dave W wrote:Boe, is the limitation 60 knots to open the door (ie have it moving on the tracks), or 60 knots to have it open?

I ask because I vaguely remember a UK mil helicopter that had an airspeed limit on moving the door but you were allowed to go faster once it was open, and had to slow down to close it again. Puma, maybe?

I was a Wessex man, don't think we had any limitations!
On the EC135 its a blanket limit for opening / flight with open door. Not sure about the 350
By foxmoth
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
At the end of the day the limitations are set by manufacturers to prevent damage to the airframe and have a safety margin, I doubt that a bad guy in hot persuit would be too worried about manufacturers limits!
Well, two years after the bad guys first spotted it and gave chase, the Cessna is finally on the ground in flames. Yes, the book (which is NOT about flying!!) is finally finished, for better or for worse, and will be (self-) published next week at Createspace and on Amazon. I'll post a link here when it's done.

I'd just like to thank you all for your input, and I'm adding the forum name and your usernames to the acknowledgements page. If anyone wants to risk having their real name associated with this masterpiece, by all means PM me and I'll be happy to oblige. (Hey - even if the book is cr*p, maybe I at least did you proud with the flying stuff...).

I'll put in either the username or the real name - don't worry, I won't blow your cover. :)

Thanks again! :thumright:
neilmurg, neaton, Rob P and 3 others liked this
As promised, link to the book on Amazon. This is for the e-book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Water-Fall-Keir-Farrell-ebook/dp/B077PL3PBK

There is a paperback version too, but I would wait a while until the price comes down (not within my control). The acknowledgements (following Amazon guidelines) are at the FRONT of the paperback and at the BACK of the e-book.

My next book is about a retired schoolteacher who suddenly decides he has nothing to lose and wants to be rich, so he disappears off to the USA, gets a pilots licence, and moves to Peru to fly drugs between the VRAE and Brazil. It will be fun choosing the planes he flies and dreaming up the flights he makes, and I will probably be looking for some more advice in due course...

Thanks again to all. :thumright:
Maninmanaus wrote:Many thanks and I hope you're not disappointed. If you ever have time to pass on any feedback, it would be very welcome.
Cheers.

I’ve read the book. I read quite a lot, mainly fiction. I don’t always finish a book if it gets boring or I can’t keep up with the plot.
I finished yours which I thought was quite an enjoyable read.