Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Looks good.

Iceman 8)
By Flyingfemme
Even better in the flesh..........and the registration is vinyl (nicely applied).

Our Kate puts together a fine video, don't you think?
By damhead
Great video. It gives an understanding of why it costs so much to have an aircraft painted. Lost count of the number of times all that masking was on and off.
By Ridders
Flyingfemme wrote:Our Kate puts together a fine video, don't you think?
:thumleft:
By Irv Lee
Ridders wrote:Iceman
You could use Irv, I am sure I have a photo of his handywork in Gaff Tape on the side of a Cessna from Popham, when we bumped into him in Cherbourg some years back :)

35 months late, but:
? :scratch: :
Edit
thinking back, this was a faulty window catch wasnt it? I was thinking you meant something like changing registrations with gaffer tape on a foreign flight!!! Anyone remember a short video (maybe CAA or customs production) about reporting dodgy stuff at airfields including changing the 172 now at Lee from GOVFR to GOVER with tape for the story?
By DBo
Iceman wrote:Does anyone have any recent experience of Flymore at Dunkeswell for respray jobs ?

Iceman 8)

We had our RV painted there back in 2009. We're very pleased with the job they did.
By The Other Ian
Iceman wrote:I have an aircraft on the G-reg and am transferring it to the N-reg. Any recommendations for a paint shop to do the change of reg. ?

Iceman 8)

Talk to Dan. He's just had G-BOWY done. I haven't seen it in the flesh yet, but the pictures look stunning. :thumleft:
By BoeingBoy
Can I just say that I had some work done by Airtime at Bournemouth that didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. They are fully aware of my complaints so I am not speaking behind their backs but I would urge caution.
By Grumpy One
It wasn't until all the bibs & bob thingies had been replaced, after a lovely re-spray and superb paint job on my RV-9A ( G - I I N I ) had been accomplished, that an eagle eyed weighing "engineer" spotted the deliberate mistake (Not) :shock: :? :clown:
I'm afraid all I could do was laugh.

These were not vinyl registrations, but nicely painted ones - On both sides and underwing.

The look on the face of the manager (who'd cut out the paint stencils) was a delight !!

Edited to provide some balance... The strip & re-spray was done at Airtime - They did a superb job as far as I am concerned and I'd go back to them again .
nallen, Iceman liked this
By nallen
Great story, Grumpy! (The work of a proofreader is never done …)
By Grumpy One
I never was a good roofpreader - That's why, after working on the aeroplane for 5 days re-attaching all the gubbins n' strange flappy-things, that it took the nice weighing engineer (Thank you Mr. Pitcher) to spot it . :roll: