Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I have an aircraft on the G-reg and am transferring it to the N-reg. Any recommendations for a paint shop to do the change of reg. ?

Iceman 8)
By gaznav
Mick Allen at Turweston...also East of England Sailplanes at Husbands Bosworth has a good reputation for doing a good job at reasonable prices.
By Airtime
There's an excellent one at Bournemouth but the name escapes me.....

As a suggestion to the Flyer boffins, this sort of post (asking for recommendation for a paint shop, engine overhaul, avionics engineer) is a regular feature. What about somewhere on the site where maintenance organisations could be listed and recommendations (or otherwise) could be posted?
By Ridders
Iceman
You could use Irv, I am sure I have a photo of his handywork in Gaff Tape on the side of a Cessna from Popham, when we bumped into him in Cherbourg some years back :)
By Peter Gristwood
Flymoore or Aerocrafting at Dunkeswell

You can have a nice lunch while you're waiting
Iceman liked this
By Flyingfemme
Vinyl is fine - we've used it for all sorts of stuff, not just registrations. But if there's an old reg it will probably need painting out first.......
By Sooty25
our reg is vinyl on fabric. works fine. doesn't fall off even when turned upside down! :D
Flyin'Dutch', Nick liked this
By gaznav
The reg on the aircraft in my avatar is vinyl and still going strong after 2 winters. It was applied to paint on wood. Cost was about £50 from a sign maker.

Just have a look at CAP523 as I once had a letter from the CAA that they didn't like my registration marks on a PA28 I owned. I was a bit annoyed as a CAA surveyor had seen the aircraft and said nothing. It was only when I sent the picture in for G-INFO that the CAA wrote to me - lesson learned? Don't send in a picture to the CAA! :clown:

Gaz
Bobcro liked this