Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Korenwolf
Thank you :) I've spoken with Michael a few times, a lovely chap. I think he had the Luscombe up for sale a while back, but it's still registered to him, I see.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Here you go.

It's available from my signature block, too - but you need to click on the "three dots" under one of my posts to get to that, and you might not see them on a phone etc.

(I've also edited the OP so that the link is no longer broken. I wish I hadn't re-read the thread, though. :( )
By Dave W
Pleasure.

I now have an presentation on the practicalities of flying abroad, which I'm giving to the LAA Devon and Wessex Struts in March and April.

Happy to do it for others if anyone thinks it might be useful. I cover the paperwork (there & back); pointers to handy info (such as RT cribsheets, AZBA, VAC, OLIVIA...); travelling further into Schengen; safety equipment and SAR; drawback...

I've also tried to avoid it being too dry - we shall see what the first Reviews say!
Dave W wrote:Pleasure.

I now have an presentation on the practicalities of flying abroad, which I'm giving to the LAA Devon and Wessex Struts in March and April.

Happy to do it for others if anyone thinks it might be useful. I cover the paperwork (there & back); pointers to handy info (such as RT cribsheets, AZBA, VAC, OLIVIA...); travelling further into Schengen; safety equipment and SAR; drawback...

I've also tried to avoid it being too dry - we shall see what the first Reviews say!

me me me
do you have links to those presentation, young sir?
By Dave W
I don't; it's a presentation that really only lends itself to being, um, presented. In other words, I come as a package with the presentation I'm afraid. ;) I don't charge anything other than perhaps basic expenses if not fairly local, though, and am relatively house-trained/allowed out in polite society.

However, much of the core material is in my "Why Not Fly To France?" document.
By GrahamB
Not wishing to compete with the admirable DW in any way, but I’ve done a couple of similar Flying In Europe presentations at Welshpool over the years.

I’m possibly doing another (updated, some things have changed quite a bit) during the next couple of months if anyone would be interested.
By Dave W
Hey, there's no competition. :D

Anything that lets people know that flying overseas is far easier than they probably think gets my vote.
GrahamB, FrankS, mikeblyth liked this
It's good to get the message across that "There be no Dragons" when flying to the continent.
The Vale of York Strut are running seminars over the winter months to encourage such activities and hopefully put the theory into practise as soon as a weather weekend allows. Flight from EGNU-LFAC
It goes without saying that anyone is welcome to attend the seminars.
Tablet based Navigation is at 20:00 Wed 24th Jan.
Flight planning and radio calls are on the 21st Feb.
All at Full Sutton.
Dave W wrote:I don't; it's a presentation that really only lends itself to being, um, presented. In other words, I come as a package with the presentation I'm afraid. ;) I don't charge anything other than perhaps basic expenses if not fairly local, though, and am relatively house-trained/allowed out in polite society.

However, much of the core material is in my "Why Not Fly To France?" document.

aha good answer - wrong question
what I meant was do you have links to the events at which you will make the presentations so an erstwhile neophyte might attend and get presented to (at?)
:)

cheers
By Dave W
Ah, sorry @mmcp42 - misunderstood that!

I'm with the Devon Strut on Thursday 8 March at The Ley Arms, Kenn near Exeter.

The Wessex Strut event is on Monday 16 April at Henstridge.
mmcp42 liked this