Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Nope, hate that show - way too many people in suits with a large number of them being up themselves.

Ian
By Flyingfemme
G-BLEW wrote:Nope, hate that show - way too many people in suits with a large number of them being up themselves.

Ian

I'm only going for the cocktails!Taking my finest jeans to wear 8)

And the nostalgia....I lived in Orlando from 84 to 86 and it changes hugely every time I go there.

And the shopping, of course
By Adrian
It's not all bad. A few years ago I was exhibiting there, parked next to a very nice Gulfstream that belonged to a ghastly American TV evangelist. He was selling the Gulstream and trading up. Every morning his very pretty hostess served coffee and freshly baked iced cinammon buns on board, leading me and a couple of others into temptation. I'm sure her boss could have told me all about the sins of lust and gluttony!

But Ian is right, and it is mostly bad. Glad not to be going this year.
By davey
Ok I'll bite, what is the NBAA ?
By Flyingfemme
National Business Aviation Association. The nation in question being, of course, the Good 'Ol USofA.

It is held annually, alternating between Orlando and Las Vegas - tells you something about the tone of the event :D

Attended by aircraft dealers, brokers, manufacturers and purveyors of "services" to owners and operators of corporate aircraft. Ian's description of the attendees is pretty much spot-on :lol: But so is Adrian's and it's a way of seeing old friends (and enemies) without doing too many thousands of miles around the globe.
By Flyingfemme
Heck, no. I' m freeloading!
By kanga
Adrian wrote:..very nice Gulfstream that belonged to a ghastly American TV evangelist. He was selling the Gulstream and trading up. Every morning his very pretty hostess served coffee and freshly baked iced cinammon buns on board, leading me and a couple of others into temptation. I'm sure her boss could have told me all about the sins of lust and gluttony!

Evangelist needs a fourth jet ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44305873

In same vein

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-47675301