Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I was about to post a couple of photos of the facilities at Bron but then noticed it was 2010 that I was last there so fails the recency test. Time flies.

Rob P and 2Donkeys feature in one of them. It is rather odd, because I clearly recall walking out of the terminal with them to find a hotel and I clearly remember arriving back at the airport in a taxi the following morning to overcast skies. I have absolutely no recollection of the hotel, restaurant or bar. To be fair, this is not entirely unexpected following a night out with Rob but it had been a long day's flying (from Venice iirc) and I don't think any drunken cavorting was involved.
Iceman, 2Donkeys, Dave W and 1 others liked this
By 2Donkeys
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28, I have a 'missing' night in Lille returning from another Raduno, which is also all @Rob P 's fault. The man is a bad influence.
Dave W, skydriller, Iceman and 3 others liked this
By Rob P
I remember every second as if it were yesterday

Sort of :drunken: :cheers: :clown: :doh:

But then I don't really remember yesterday too clearly :lol:

Rob P
Charles Hunt liked this
By Rob L
Adrian (of this parish) might offer an insight; but from my recollection, hangarage anywhere in France is scarce. Quite why; I know not.

Many years ago by a chance phone call to Adrian, I collected a Cub from a small airfield near Lyon . The coincidences allowed me to fly a wonderful aircraft at someone else's expense!

The trip report of that coincidence is here:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=33985
By kanga
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 wrote:I was about to post a couple of photos of the facilities at Bron but then noticed it was 2010 that I was last there so fails the recency test. Time flies.

.. I was last there in '60s, arriving and leaving in a DanAir Ambassador :wink: