Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Boswell
There are a couple of publications on this website which look excellent: http://goo.gl/UULSj and I'm trying to get hold of a pre-pub. copy of the instructor briefs.

I've tried to make contact with the publisher (Alister?) but emails bounce, and there's no other clue on the website.

Can anyone help? (This isn't a plug).
By Rob P
If not, you could do worse than try and locate a copy of "The Flying Instructors Patter Manual" by Phillips & Cole.

Rob P
By Boswell
Thanks, Rob. I was more interested in the board briefs at the moment.
By Rob P
For a moment I thought you were talking about Morley's Y-Fronts :shock:

Rob P
NickS liked this
By Boswell
Looks the same guy, thanks Riverrock for the detective work.....he's also got some instructional videos on YouTube.
By AerBabe
Rob P wrote:For a moment I thought you were talking about Morley's Y-Fronts

By Cookie
I believe that the book 'Flight Instructor briefs' was written to help answer the questions in Standards Document 10 (A) Appendix 5.

Appendix 5 is the Theoretical Knowledge Oral section of an instructor's Assessment of Competence. Whilst I can understand the desire to have an 'answer book', there is no shortcut to the knowledge required as an instructor. There is benefit in compiling your own notes, and researching those questions you do not know the answer to. Doing this will help you find answers from the source documentation.

The On-Track Aviation Instructor Manual differs in that it contains the pre-flight briefs for the relevant syllabus (for the section which is purchased).

Cookie
You can certainly understand somebody wanting help constructing board briefs however. It's not a natural skill to most people, and a layer on top of knowing the material itself.

I'm sure I've seen a big book of board briefs in my local Transair shop, but can't see it on their website, nor those of their obvious competitors.

G
By QSD
I have a full set of PowerPoint pre-flight briefs, plus a number of long briefs. Happy to share. PM if you want a copy.
Willson95 liked this
By Willson95
Hi @QSD. I understand you made this post some years ago...however if by any chance you still happen to have this PowerPoint I would be really grateful if you wouldn't mind sharing it with me! Hope to hear from you soon.

Ryan
By GAFlyer4Fun
AerBabe wrote:
Rob P wrote:For a moment I thought you were talking about Morley's Y-Fronts

Anyone got the EASA certified version with gold wings and epaulettes? :wink:
Would it be an EASA minor or major mod for an Aeros Instructor compared to a 'normal' instructor?

Whatever, Morley will surely have Instructor and Examiner variants.... approved by MrsMorley.

:clown: