Post your pics, videos and vlogs here
By davef77
Flew home in formation with a friend in his Extra 330sc yesterday.

We had both been flying in the Tiger Trophy competition at Leicester.

Sketchy weather all day, but a lovely flight home...

Oh, and at a ground-speed of 184kts 8)
Dave W liked this
By davef77
Dave W wrote:@davef77, how was the competition for you? Not necessarily in placing, but also the experience.

A bit up and down to be honest. I had one flight that I was very dissappointed in, but for which I ended up getting a bronze medal for 3rd place (68%).

My second flight was in the "Apprentices" comp, an intro to freestyl flying.

Everyone told me that my flight was very good and that I it would have won the comp, except that I flew it the wrong way around wrt the wind. Great marks for positioning, technical merit and artistic impression and zero for every figure :roll:

So, for the 1st flight I was dissappointed, but got a medal, for the 2nd flight I was pleased by my flying, and the feedback, but I came last :lol:
Dave W, Cookie liked this
Short helicopter in-cockpit vid of a departure from Abbots Bromley in Staffs, but with an immediate turn to avoid having to fly over the reservoir.

Note to the eagle-eyed ... yes the transponder is on ON not ALT. The encoder is U/S and often reports me flying at 90 knots under ground. This can cause ATC to frown and ask questions.

Dave W liked this
By davef77
baronbombburst wrote:Some coaching towards a sport level aero's badge.

Really interesting watching that from my perspective. Quite different and yet very similar to my sort of flying.

The roll-rate is A LOT slower than my kind of aeroplanes, but the thing that caught my attention is the amount that the sighting device on the wingtip moves - must be hard to nail the lines.

Thanks for posting. 8)
baronbombburst liked this
davef77 wrote:The roll-rate is A LOT slower than my kind of aeroplanes

Yep, rolling out of a half cuban at 800ft is buttock clenching :pray:

I'm hoping to get into powered aero's next year. I had a go in a Pitts s2 at the Tony Ayre blade Competition at Barkston Heath this year. Totally hooked.

Here's a more edited footage from a few previous flights.

mick w, Dave W liked this
By davef77
baronbombburst wrote:
davef77 wrote:The roll-rate is A LOT slower than my kind of aeroplanes

Yep, rolling out of a half cuban at 800ft is buttock clenching :pray:

I'm hoping to get into powered aero's next year. I had a go in a Pitts s2 at the Tony Ayre blade Competition at Barkston Heath this year. Totally hooked.

Here's a more edited footage from a few previous flights.

Hah! I was one of your judges then, I hope I gave you a good score :D