Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Slowbird 1
out of all the exams which one did you find the hardest and why??????
By A Baccus
CSE woodwork was very difficult
By Trevor
Typical....... A Baccus you have not answered fully!!!!! Why is woodwork so hard?
By Alastair
Airlaw - because, it was a dry and often boring subject.

AliB
By Rupert S
havn't done the airlaw exam yet but it is the one that i keep putting off after reading a chapter or two of the thom book. If you're not technically minded, the aeroplane technical can be nasty. I found the meteorology one difficult but I also find it a boring subject.
By A Tapper
Morse code - now there's an interesting subject
By Jane
I still can't remember Morse Code, teach it to the kids at schools and they pick it up quite quickly!! Am trying to find some sort of sequence or logicallity in the Morse Code and find none hence difficulty in learning it.
By Alastair
Rupert - lucky you. At my school they had a local rule that made you do the law exam before going solo.

Jane - one part of the morse logic was to minimise the length of typical messages - thus commonly used letters get the shorter codes. I think the rest of it was designed to minimise confusion between commonly used letters. The result is like the qwerty keyboard - not in the least bit logical to learn.

AliB
By A S
After a while its possible to pick up the tune not each individual dot or dash
By Jane
Like that idea, can see logic in it but am musically totally inept and was allowed not to take part in the singing lessons at school! Maybe that's why I can't cope with Morse!
By Norman
Me too Jane. I was asked to mime in the school Carol Concerts so I did not put the others off.

And I struggle with Morse. Now I know why.
By Rupert S
i find "fetch a fireman" for F and "charlie charlie" for C, etc. work nicely for morse. Is it a requirement for ATPL?
By Ed
Slowbird,
Found Met to be the hardest, with Airlaw second hardest. Recommend using the confuser, and when you can get over 90% on it, take the test!
By Alastair
Morse - I believe it is (or at least was) a requirement for CPL.

AliB