Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Nige
Has anyone flown to this costal aerodrome in the NW of Spain?
I would be interested to hear from anyone as I plan to fly there soon. I understand many civil jets fly there as well as GA...
By Mark Saunders
Have flown to Santander a couple of times, but not La Coruna.

Useful tip:

Spain is fairly unique in requiring you to carry your aircraft insurance certificate, and a Spanish translation thereof.
By Nige
Thanks Mark... how did you get on at Santander? The flight there, language, fees, etc?
By Mark Saunders
Nige

Routing was Redhill, Deauville, La Rochelle, Biarrittz, Santander as a 7-ship (lose) formation. Biarrittz is only about 9 miles from the Spanish border with the Pyranese rising in the background. Followed the rocky coastline from Biarrittz to Santander talking to San Sebastian, Bilboa (squawk given for their area) en route. Santander has a long runway with ILS (made interestng due to surrounding mountains), and easy VFR reporting points inbound / outbound. All RT was in good English as was conversation with the ground staff at Santander. The airport has a full terminal for commercial ops. with restaurant, bar, hotels desk, etc. No problems filing flight plans, getting weather, paying fees, etc. Landing and parking for 3 days was the miserly sum of
By Nige
Sorry Mark - how long did it take to get there?
By Mark Saunders
PA28 brakes-to-brakes times at about 110 - 115 knots cruise

Redhill to Dinard (not Deauville ) : 2:10
Dinard to La Rochelle : 1:45
La Rochelle to Biarrittz : 1:55
Biarrittz to Santander : 1:20

Total : 7:10