Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Echo Delta
Flyer Person
An oversight has occurred with the Landing Fees tokens in the January issue of FLYER. The token for Blackpool is only valid is you purchase 50 litres or more of avgas during your visit. Our apologies for any confusion.
By PaulB
Do we know how much fuel is at present and are there any other charges (eg handling)?
By Moli
I wonder what will Blackpool do with any pilot who lands there with a voucher in hand saying free landing who buys the magazine but doesn't visit this forum and is therefore unaware of the fuel uplift requirement?

Moli
By PaulB
Moli wrote:I wonder what will Blackpool do with any pilot who lands there with a voucher in hand saying free landing who buys the magazine but doesn't visit this forum and is therefore unaware of the fuel uplift requirement?

In a shop you could decline the offer when they tell you of the conditions. However, in this case, you've already landed and can't very well un-land. That said unless fuel at Blackpool is mega expensive, it'll save quite a bit. I've only been once (for a fuel stop) and it cost the best part of £30 for a sub 1 tonne aircraft.
By john-h
PaulB wrote:Do we know how much fuel is at present and are there any other charges (eg handling)?

According to the UKGA (highly recomended) website, fuel at Blackpool was £2.04 per litre last November.
By davejnr
Well I can tell you exactly what will happen, as I went there today. I read the forums regularly but didn't see this one until now. Even though I phoned to let them know I was visiting today and that I would be using a flyer voucher and wouldn't be taking any fuel, no one mentioned the error on the voucher. It was not until we taxied off the runway that we were informed. Good timing, or am I being cynical. Anyway after a bit of haggling we got a half price landing at £9.80
Notwithstanding this niggling error, we had a nice flight into Blackpool and got to meet up with a friend for a chat.
By KNT754G
Davejnr, glad you managed to haggle a discount.

If you were told on vacating the runway that sounds like it was me on Tower at the time.

If you did mention to ATC when you phoned in advance then I apologise for them not telling you about this error, the notice is in ATC for all to read.

Glad you enjoyed the trip and I hope the mistake (and regretfully I have to add here it was FLYER's mistake!) has not put anyone off visiting BLackpool.

The weather is lovely again today!
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
davejnr

Sorry about the mistake, if you PM me I'll make sure that you are not out of pocket.

Brgds

Ian
By davejnr
Thanks for the offer, these mistakes happen from time to time and would not have changed our plans.
We had a very pleasant day out all the same and got to meet up with a fellow TL-2000 STING owner.
KNT754G thanks for the professional and welcoming RT. We landed around 11:45 and you were certainly busy, I personally heard a "you are number five to land" for someone behind us.

Davejnr
By PaulB
Was there a mistake on the Gamston free landing too? It says December 2011 on it (all the others say Jan 2012). Consequently, we didn't use it today, but apparently could have?
By Douglas3375
davejnr wrote:Thanks for the offer, these mistakes happen from time to time and would not have changed our plans.
We had a very pleasant day out all the same and got to meet up with a fellow TL-2000 STING owner.
KNT754G thanks for the professional and welcoming RT. We landed around 11:45 and you were certainly busy, I personally heard a "you are number five to land" for someone behind us.

Davejnr

Hello I’m French and I’m looking for someone flying a TL-2000 Sting. Due to the French (unbelievable) regulations there are not a lot of sting flying here. Anyone to support my research of a forum or at least a Sting Pilot ?
All the best,
D
By CloudHound
Bonjour Douglas,

Your post has been written on an old thread about landing fees at Blackpool.

May I suggest you create a new question as a separate post?

There is someone who regularly contributes on here who might be able to help you.