Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Big Dex
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@cockney steve

The main taxiway is not “an almost permanent bog”. It suffers during wet winter months, but for the most part, it is fine. It also remains usable when the surrounding airfields are a quagmire, thanks to the investment and work of the Barton staff.

Runways “Swampy at the first sniff of rain”. As someone who actually uses them rather, I can assure you that this is incorrect; they fair better than most other grass strips I frequent.

I believe that the “veterans garage” is thriving.
Big Dex wrote:..The staff are universally excellent; helpful and friendly.

I think that in all the complaints about private companies delivering public services, it is rare to hear any about front line staff themselves, as opposed to the constraints imposed on them by the policies or budgets
cockney steve, avtur3 liked this
By cockney steve
OK, as we're being pedantic..... "there is a large patch on the 26 runways, about 1/4 -way and a similar area, on Twy B, between B2-B3. , both of which become boggy and are briefed "no-go" (IE AVOID ) in the daily ATIS (closed all this week, except Wed. and Thur, to F.W. traffic.) "ground conditions" "waterlogged ".... about 10 days usable in the last 3 months. I Don't disagree that summer is a different kettle of fish, the cafe/ picnic and kid's recreation areas are often heaving midweek....and the public FREE carpark has an excellent tarmac surface. (In their early days, they tried charging, soon rectified that mistake !

As Barton is actually built on a peat-bog, It's hardly surprising.
Not been over for 3 months, but saw no progress on Vet's Garage in the preceding 9 mths. I agree to disagree. ;-)
By seanxair
Jim Jones wrote:What has become clearer is that ‘businesses ’ just acquire money, They don’t invest in jobs, staff skill development, prudent business expansion and diversification, nor do they seek to serve their community, town, region or country by paying tax

What a lot of f***king nonsense. We have a business we are trying to grow. Hopefully one day employ more than the 4 of us that are involved now. Two family, two non family. One of the non family employees earns more than both of us family business owner's because we choose to keep both on when we could easily lose one and afford a proper holiday every year instead of being red-line on family finances.

I really resent this tar everyone with the same brush attitude.
bogopper, ChrisT liked this