Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Simjock
I see that a Shoreham dealer is offering an Aztec E in poor condition at 27K plus VAT: http://www.avbuyer.com/MainDealerDetails.asp?Id=1399

Given that there are some Aztec owners on here, is it posible to put a ball park figure on getting this beast back in the air, or would a blank cheque be more appropriate ?

No way I can afford it, just curious :shock:
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Aztecs are lovely machines and very nice to fly but it's upkeep comes into the blank cheque realms.

F
By Timothy
Simjock wrote:Given that there are some Aztec owners on here, is it posible to put a ball park figure on getting this beast back in the air, or would a blank cheque be more appropriate

The man to tell you would be Singh....he knows Aztecs better than anyone, but
By Flyingfemme
There aren't nearly enough details on there to make any sort of guess. You need to know total airframe time, engine and prop times, documentation available, when it was last in check, damage history, avionics fit, AD/SB compliance, state of paint and interior - to name but a few..............
By Timothy
But, as I am always saying, the Aztec is a lovely aircraft, and you might decide that
By Guest
The price of Aztecs is unfairly depressed by a couple of factors.

a) They are somewhat agricultural in appearance alongside a Seneca or Baron 55

b) Many/Most have been used for hauling freight/students/rubbish around and have seen better days. Finding one that has been in the loving hands of a private owner since the day it left Piper is a real plus.
By davidt
Bo**oks the Aztec who wants a go in the Harvard, top of the same dalers page -- me me me :lol:

How much to keep that beast going?
By Flyingfemme
That one seems to have been for sale for ever..........

Big fuel bills and BIG landing fees to run one of those!
By Flyin'Dutch'
Big fuel bills and BIG landing fees to run one of those!

Ah, what price class and style!

FD
By TheDealer
Simjock wrote:I see that a Shoreham dealer is offering an Aztec E in poor condition at 27K plus VAT: http://www.avbuyer.com/MainDealerDetails.asp?Id=1399

Given that there are some Aztec owners on here, is it posible to put a ball park figure on getting this beast back in the air, or would a blank cheque be more appropriate ?

No way I can afford it, just curious :shock:

Please don't buy a worn out nail of an Aztec project, full stop. If you want one spend
By Red Nose
TheDealer wrote:Aztec ..........
.......you can land anywhere

Thats not what Colonel says :wink:
By Timothy
2Donkeys wrote:Finding one that has been in the loving hands of a private owner since the day it left Piper is a real plus.

Chilli? :D
By Chilli Monster
Did someone call ;)

1980 'F' Turbo. 2 very careful owners, 850 hours total, 2 x GNS430. HSI, Stormscope, KFC200 autopilot (with coupled ILS) and flight director.

Offers? (If it goes I might end up with a King Air to fly - so a very vested interest :D )
By Timothy
Chilli Monster wrote:Did someone call ;)

1980 'F' Turbo. 2 very careful owners, 850 hours total, 2 x GNS430. HSI, Stormscope, KFC200 autopilot (with coupled ILS) and flight director.

Offers? (If it goes I might end up with a King Air to fly - so a very vested interest :D )

IMHO this is the buy of the century, and anyone thinking of buying a light twin should look at this very seriously. My guess is that it will cost much less than it is "worth".
By TheDealer
Timothy wrote:
Chilli Monster wrote:Did someone call ;)

IMHO this is the buy of the century, and anyone thinking of buying a light twin should look at this very seriously. My guess is that it will cost much less than it is "worth".
... of course, any product is only "worth" what someone will pay.... Markets generally find their own level...