Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Just received the latest Aerad updates, and found a blantant error in the new chart for Shoreham (EGKA) NDB/DME procedure for runway 20 (formerly Runway 21):

The step-down fix at 4.5d shows 2200 feet (QNH), but this is AFTER a *descent* in the outbound leg from 2000 feet. (work that one out)

This is confirmed by the DME/ALT table showing 1960 feet at 4d.

So either the IAF should be at 2200 feet, or the 4.5d stepdown should be around 2000 feet... surely...

L.
By Guest
For the benefit of those of us who don't have the Aerad plates to hand, would you like to scan it and show us what you mean?
By lelandv
Unless they're trying to imply a CLIMB from the IAF to the first stepdown.. doesn't make a whole lot of sense when it's probably more efficient to raise the alt on at the IAF.

Anyway.. here it is.

Leland
By lelandv
Looking at it again, it might be the IAF alt which is in error.. reading the missed approach procedure, it notes to return to SHM at 2200.. which makes a bit more sense.

L.
By Pilot H
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It's an error. The base turn for this procedure should be at 1910' QNH according to Jeppesen.

Which makes more sense.
By Guest
Agree with all above. Obviously an error. My money would be on the beacon altitude being 2200.
By Marvin
Just downloaded the latest plate from the AIP and it shows 2200 at IAF to 2200 at 6.5D then start decent at 4.48 deg for that runway.
By Chilli Monster
Another Aerads 'Gotcha'

St Mawgan approach freq changed in May to 128.72. Jepps have changed the data - Aerads plates however still have the old frequency (as we discovered Monday :( )
By Peter Pan
After this post I've decided not to go ahead with my IMC rating! :?

PP
By 10W
Damn those third party AIS providers ... at least the CAA AIP mistakes are official ones :)
By Guest
Whilst the Shoreham 21 (20) procedure requires a degree of respect, I'm not sure that I would go so far as to say that it is of no use.

An occasional flyer of approaches in IMC should probably steer well clear, but it should hold no particular fear for a current IFR pilot.

Indeed, there are far more accidents during circle-to-land manoeuvres in general, than with in line approaches.
By KNT754G
Well both my JEPP (dated 10 Jun 04) and the AIS site charts both show IAF at 2,200 (QNH) and D4.5 (inbound) still at 2,200 before commencing descent.