Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I trust every Aerad forumite has by now amended his Shoreham plate to read 2200ft - whilst we wait for Aerad to issue a correction. :D

Tom
By vintage ATCO
The AIRAC amendment date is today, 10 June. To see the new plates you need to download the AIRAC 28 day cycle amendments - it's a large file and takes a while to download even on broadband. I dare say the main document will be updated tonight.
By Ian Melville
Someone must be listening!!!

Plate in above link now shows 10 June 2004
By Ian Melville
And you can print the AIP plates in A5

Tell the printer to use A5 (even if A4 in feeder)
Tell Adode Acrobat to 'shrink to fit'

Trim off the edges and punch the holes using a FiloFax punch

Text is a bit small though :shock:
By Colonel Panic
This is really confusing me. What can cause a step down fix (4.5d, 2,200') to be higher than the MSA (2,100' max) ???? :?
By Guest
The 4.5 dme point is not a SDF, it is the Final Approach Fix.

All this tells you is that the procedure starts at 2200 (IAF at the beacon) and no descent is permitted until 4.5 DME inbound (the FAF).

The approach designers have presumably done the maths and determined that this gives a constant and acceptable descent profile down to the actual SDFs at 3 dme and 2dme (in line with the previously NOTAMed SDFs)
By Flyingfemme
peter-h wrote:Imagine a web page with a list of airfields, with a checkbox next to each one, and a big button at the bottom called PRINT :D

It's not a webpage, it's a CD, called Jeppview and it's very expensive! But it does all that you want......