Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Driving to the new house Sunday last....

Very early (6:00 am) and was confronted by this!

Just had to stop and take some photo's. The pilots thought I was a NIMBY at first - but I soon blagged a ride for later in the year :wink: (a swap of course)

By Simon
very nice RH - but judging from the two photos u have just posted, you need to give the left hand side of your lens a quick polish - :wink:
By Rotorhead
sweat!

In the heat of the moment (As a rather lovely lady came jogging by) :wink:
By Rotorhead
But I wish you'd wear a sports bra Mavis....

Black eyes don't suit you!
By flyingsniffer
Rotor,

You'll find them a regular aviation hazard at the new place: there's a company that launches from two sites, either on the A507 near Baldock, or the Golf club south of Buntingford on the A10....depending on wind direction to keep them out of Stansted and Luton zones.

On a very, very still day a few years back, I did a 1 mile circular hover around one of them, facing towards them all the way round (in the R22)....I think it impressed the passengers more than staring at the same old bit of dead grass.

Sniff
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hey Rotorhead

If you had wanted us all to know you had a new Range Rover it would have been a lot kinder on bandwidth to type it...... :lol:
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Very nice :D

I had my first trip in one of them things with a newly minted trouble and strife at about 2100 a couple of Saturdays ago - tethered, of course. (Balloon, not trouble. Although...)

This was in a field at the Western end of a strip you know well, RH. 8)

Great fun - I must blag an unfettered ride. In a balloon. I've been waiting ages for a HAB trip, as a schoolfriend of mine worked for T&C, and then Camerons, for years but never reciprocated all the Group A bribes I plied him with.

The other thread about HABs (and truckloads of explosives) recalls something I was told some time ago, and half remember. I cubic foot of air heated to 100 degC will lift a bag of sugar: does that sound right? Anyway, Mr Alphonse Qaeda would need a heck of an envelope and a serious set of burners to lift his "truckload",and even then pointing it at the target would be a slight problem. Perhaps there should be a programme on Ch.5: "Politicians Say The Silliest Things" - there'd never be any need for repeats. :twisted:
By Rotorhead
TheFarmer wrote:Hey Rotorhead

If you had wanted us all to know you had a new Range Rover it would have been a lot kinder on bandwidth to type it...... :lol:

New Range Rover? - That's the OLD one!! I bought the new one last week (same spec - different colour)

Hardly worth a mention - it's only a pap pap (as RH junior used to call them) :wink:
By flyingsniffer
Rotorhead wrote:
TheFarmer wrote:
New Range Rover? - That's the OLD one!! I bought the new one last week (same spec - different colour)

Thank goodness....perhaps this one won't have a pathological fear of crossing Kew Bridge :wink:
By Old Pilot
great to fly in but the crew are are a a bit serious...

I'm back from the dead!!!

You up for flying a Rotorway Rotor?
By Rotorhead
I'd give it a go O.P....

I'm off to do my line checks (R44 LPC) at Denham this morning with "Q" Smith. Humm - that should be jolly :wink:

Mind you, I learn something new every year from him it has to be said. Truly a great pilot.

When are you back over in Blightly OP?

Can you make BOURN Saturday?