Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Stu B
The old Delco-Remy starter on the o-200 is no longer supported and alternative starters are available form Sky-Tec and B&C. These are covered by FAA STCs but I seem to be encountering problems finding the equivalent EASA STC approval. I cannot believe that there are not dozens of C150/152s, Pups, Juniors, etc, that have had their starters replaced, so surely there is an EASA approval? Does anyone know a reference?
By mlawton
I had a little difficulty locating EASA numbers on a engine conversion. Ended up putting the FAAA STC number into Google and trawling through all the results, got it in the end. As long as already done in a EASA country and you get the number you get grandfather rights to do it in the UK.
By galdri
STC
I know of one C-170 with a B&C starter mod. It is Icelandic and it´s registration is TF-MOS. That should be a start (no pun intended!).
By Stu B
Thanks for both the above messages, I'll follow both up (I also had a PM too). But if anyone else has any further suggestions or info, please don't be shy!
By johncondor
I don't know if this helps but our Sky-Tec starter came with a Release Certificate which states that "These parts meet the special requirements of the United Kingdom"