Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Gerard Clarke
I am interested to hear that Elstree has been like that for donkeys years. Maybe it's not just me being a bit oversensitive.
By Timothy
Gerard Clarke wrote:me being a bit oversensitive.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Gerard Clarke
Told you I was a blushing flower, didn't I.

PS how come that Aztec for sale in the mags is so cheap?
By Chilli Monster
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
PS how come that Aztec for sale in the mags is so cheap?

'Cos one of the engines hasn't got a lot of time left on it.
By wonko the sane
Timothy wrote:Oh, I have just found:
wonko the sane wrote:I'm sure this is obvious, but, as I train out of Elstree,

I'd just like to deny revealing that.

I'm not going to bring up the crimes that I've witnessed at this airfield during my training. Suffiice it to say that all other airfields I've visited have been absolutely wonderful, relatively speaking, and I've really enjoyed discovering that.

It's nice to know that whenever I go flying, I'm always going somewhere nicer :D

Edit: And in his defense, I've had some really good experiences of the "famously grumpy FISO". I don't think that he is "the problem" with Elstree.
By lelandv
rustle wrote:
pa28-150 wrote:Doesn't all this prove the point form an earlier discussion - that they should all be unmanned!!! Just make your call and get on with enjoying your flying.

You must be very tall or have great faith that what you saw at the 08-end at Elstree has really left the runway when you are sitting in the hole(d) at the 26-end, about to be full power and charging up the hill. :shock:

You have to have even MORE faith the other way where you can't see down the dip at the end and can't see it from the tower either.

L.