Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By John
Did anyone see the amazing sunset on the SE coast this evening? Ive never seen a sunset so beautiful before, even in Indonesia. There was medium cloud on the horizon lit up by a vivid orange and red sky making the clouds look totally surreal and weeeeeiiird.

Today I flew from lydd but landed shortly before sunset, so witnessed it from the ground. I would have sold my soul to see that sunset while airborne.
By Antony
Oh yeah. I'd just stepped back into my living room after a bath, and saw the clouds, then took my camera and nipped outside to try and get a picture. Just hope I held the camera steady enough to avoid camera shake at the low shutter speed.

And yes, that would have been an even more spectacular sight from the air!
By Jane
Was good from my window, but then there are a number of superb sunsets every year, in my place accentuated by some tall trees that gradually go darker until they are silhouetted black against an orange sky. Agree would be good to see it from the air - so long as one is not flying direct into it and trying to land on 27 at the same time!!
By john
up here in the frozen north you couldn't see across the road far less hope for a sunset for the Carp. I've forgotten what the sun looks like. It just never got light yesterday and it's piddling and howling a gale just now. Mustn't grumble though it's bound to be worse somewhere else.
By Russ
Best Sunset when flying has to be a lovely December day coming into land at Malaga airport, having taken my now wife on her first flight in a light aircraft coming back from Almeria (only just i might add! but that's another story). I had to fly back very quickly in order to return before official night and we watched a beautiful sunset over the Med, then as we came into site of Malaga it was all lit up beautifully, sunset on the left and 2 miles of lit runway absolutely amazing (i have a photo somewhere)

Saw a beautiful sunrise today, i was riding my motorbike down to my office and the sun was this huge orange firey ball shining through the mist clinging to the fields...i wish i had my camera

Sometimes when the world is going to hell in a handbasket nature can still provide a source of wonder and amazement and make the world seem better!

Now if only i was flying instead of being stuck in the bloomin' office