Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Guest
Nice toy Graham! You are obviously a man of great taste. :D

We need a fly-in now.
By Graham Potts
Most kind! A fly-in sounds like a great idea! Assuming I have my permanent registration by June I plan to be in Quiberon with my (very tolerant) better half!

A fly-out from Biggin would be a useful first step of course! I'm planning on doing that on thursday.

As for flying this weekend.... well I fully intend to go to Le Touquet today in the Arrow which is still just about mine. It's served me well so a last fling seems to be in order!
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Timothy wrote:
Graham Potts wrote:Funny that. As I was leaving there yesterday I passed G-LIZZ with one engine missing its cowling. Nobody was working on that at the time either!

I flew mine today...you fly yours? :D

Graham Potts wrote:Ash pointed that out to you!

Anything to distract me from talking about the work that needs doing on mine! :lol:

Was everything OK with LIZZy?

Tom
By Timothy
Lefty wrote:Was everything OK with LIZZy?

She's gorgeous (whatever Geoffrey and three old ladies with cataracts and myopia think) and fully functioning, but the RH CHT doesn't work.
By AlanB
Ah, a very nice aircraft, and on the N reg.....you make me drool......I think the TB20 is probably one of the nicest singles I've flown (would love to get my hands on a TB21 though :D)

Boys toys eh?, maybe one day I'll have one, though I might have to re-mortgage the wife first :wink:
By Norman
englishal wrote:I might have to re-mortgage the wife first :wink:

Remortgage? You mean she is mortgaged already? :wink:
By Keef
Timothy - is that "RH CHT doesn't work" as in "doesn't display at all", or as in "is consistent but errant in behaviour, as it was before the engine overhaul"?

I ask because of an interesting series of experiences with another aircraft.
By Timothy
Keef wrote:Timothy - is that "RH CHT doesn't work" as in "doesn't display at all", or as in "is consistent but errant in behaviour, as it was before the engine overhaul"?

It is the probe that is in error. Apparently the old probe was past it and was so corroded when they removed it that they could not re-use it, but the one they had in stock may have been the wrong probe for the cylinder...it all has to do with the depth it penetrates I'm told (though I'll be asking Mavis for her experiences on that one)...and they are now hunting the correct one. Apparently they are only available on the second hand market, or something.
By Keef
Sounds like a job for the US Piper Owners' Club. I can't imagine the CHT sender for such a popular aircraft type (and engine type) isn't still in production.

Mind you, given their reliability...
By Graham Potts
Well... N97GP still has no C of A. it was all supposed to happen today but the FAA man was a no show. I understand he will be there tomorrow so with any luck I'll be able to go to Biggin tomorrow afternoon and take delivery. Not that I'll be going far! I am due in Arundel shortly after that and will need to drive on from Biggin. Hoping however to leave the aircraft outside AT and pick it up sometime over the weekend from their Apron.

Nearly there!!
By flyguy
Good luck Graham!

On the nearly there theme, I had a Bulldog inspected and passed by a nice man from the CAA today....flight test Tuesday....fingers crossed!
By MCM
How's it going Graham? Hope the paperwork's working out ok. This dismal weather must be frustrating your plans somewhat!

regards

Mike
By Graham Potts
Well..... guess what! The TB20 is still sitting outside Air Touring at Biggin Hill! I have all the paperwork, keys etc which I picked up on Friday afternoon. Saturday was a washout and I was otherwise engaged anyway. Today was fairly grim this morning but by this afternoon at least at Goodwood the weather had cheered up considerably and a trip up to Biggin was on the cards - until we had a look at the METAR for Biggin - 4000 DZ SCT002 BKN004 11/11 - great! So... the collection has been postponed until tomorrow. I am sitting at home now looking at blue skies but even the latest Biggin METAR looks no better.
By Calum
Absolutely amazing pictures guys ,

Yous are so lucky , do you get to go in that hanger with the GA aircraft .... ?

Obviuosly , it comes with owning a plane lol , but yous are so lucky ,

Closest i come to GA aircraft is a lesson once a month , which is good , but i am always interested in more than that ( flying or working around ).

I really like the panel of that plane by the way , good luck and keep it up :)

Calum