Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Andy Sinclair
Hi Guys,

I know some of you think this subject has been done to death...but I would just like to make a link with some folk on PPRuNe private flyers forum who have been very active in trying to make the situation better for us all.

If you haven't already seen here is the link...

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread ... adid=77242

The reason I post is that the last post of the thread above asks for some noise from our esteemed aviation publications.....So Flyer bosses how about an article or another article perhaps on a different angle about the issue so GA can make some noise and really be heard.

Regards

Andy
By Neil Gascoigne
Erm...the person you refer to is using lot of "mad" emoticons. Beware forum loonies I say. ;-) FLYER are hardly sitting on the fence but ultimately they do have to be careful, above all, for legal reasons.

Could also be counter-productive?

The points raised are already known. rustle, mike, rod et el have become involved on our behalf and for our benefit due to the ais problem.

Things will be worked out in the end. It just takes time.
By Nick
Hi Andy
Flyer is the only magazine that has been making noise (a lot) about this issue for the last four months or so
By Andy Sinclair
Thanks Nick for your reply here and in PPRuNe,

Neil,

I wasn't interested in the idiot with the icons. I was more interested in the three guys (Mike, Rod and Russell) who have been doing some positive work. I know Flyer have done a lot as well and was trying to say that we should all speak together as aviators.

Sometimes UK aviators appear to have a somewhat fractured voice and feel that we should try and stand united.

You are right of course there are idiots out there but I have been around enough years to see those folk for what they are.

Cheers

Andy
By Russell
For the record...

I emailed Nick about my PPRuNe post - after the event :-) - to explain that I was stuck between a rock and a hard place if I named two out of three aviation magazines only...

As it turns out, I think Nick's PPRuNe post is excellent (only your second post there Nick??!!) and may spur some others into doing something to match Flyer's efforts.

As for the lunatic fringe - no posts from him/her today yet :-)

I could cynically suggest that it sounded like "trolling" and may have come from someone trying to make the whole AIS debacle appear less important than it is.

C
By Steve Morley
Nick - I recall reading comments and articles about this subject in the other 2 mags. What is the basis for your claim that Flyer is the only mag who has made a noise?
Are you claiming moral high ground? Shall I post a link to this thread on the other 2 mag's forums and see what their Eds have to say?
By Steve Morley
Erratum - On further research it appears that the other mags have published articles on the matter but no editorials.
Apols to Nick and all the others who, I am sure we all agree, are doing a superb job in keeping this issue in the forefront.