Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By dfrench
Weather permitting my intention is fly to France on the weekend with some friends.

Having already been to Le Touquet a couple of times, I thought either Abbeville or Dieppe would be worth a visit.

Does anyone have a recommendation which of these I should choose.
Looking to have a nice meal whilst there etc.

Many thanks.
By Rudds
Try Dieppe, a taxi ride into town and you will find some good restuarants.

rudds
By Guest
Dieppe is nice, make sure you are up on your French circuit calls (the field is FISO at best, and often A/G), and make sure that you arrange customs.
By ROG
Both friendly----Dieppe more interesting-more restaurants.
If you go to Abbeville dont land on the grass----last time I did plane was shaken to bits.---like a ploughed field.
Beware of power station approaching Dieppe alomg coast.
By Rob P
ROG wrote:Beware of power station approaching Dieppe alomg coast.

That must be an interesting sight.

What altitude will it be using?

Rob P :wink:
By Guest
The issue with the Power Station, is that the French have placed a large Temporary Restricted Area around it. The fine for infringing such an area is many thousands of pounds - in bad cases rising to confiscation of the aircraft and/or a jail term.

It would appear that many Brits are being tracked and knobbled by the French, even once they are safely back home in blighty. There is an article in Pilot this month relating to it.

Some of the zones are very inconsiderately placed. One of particular note lies just to the South of the Calais localiser.
By timr
For those who have not already seen it....... Here is a link to the Service De l'Information Aeronautique (FRANCE) AIP SUP 58/03 - It show's the restricted French powerstations - IT WAS ISSUED June 03, I have not found a more up to date version - but I don't think they move their power stations around!!!

It's a large pdf file. http://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/ ... _58_EN.pdf
(I checked the link today, if you can't find it PM and I will send you a copy)

Safe flying, Tim.
By Lodesman
Telephone M. Gerard STEPHAN in the tower at Dieppe on 0033 2 35 84 14 40 who will help with AFIS and arrange customs notification (fax. 0033 2 35 84 52 78).

He is really helpful and as far as I can remember the a/p is closed on Mondays.
By Lodesman
BTW a useful taxi number for Dieppe is 'Radio Taxi Dieppe' on 0033 2 35 84 20 05
By ROG
Yes m stephan is a very helpful chap. My mate recently received a CAA Lletter for infringing Calais power station -so beware.