Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By David Roberts
Traditional European rule-makers say you can only do what the law allows you to do - whereas the various legal traditions in the UK (used to) say you could do what you wanted unless it was specifically defined as illegal. You also have the natural tendency of EU institutions to go for the 'one-size-fits-none' approach.

Thus is exactly what I have been saying in various circles for some years. It takes some understanding in terms of its impact. But it is the fundamental problem for the UK in trying to achieve the best outcome in Brussels / Cologne.
Jonzarno, there is no current 'EASA text' regarding 'The future of GA IFR in Europe'.

EASA formed a working group termed 'FCL.008' to review the situation. They have now concluded their efforts. The next stage will be a NPA written by EASA which is expected to be released early next year for comment.
By dmatlock41
Morgan wrote:I suppose emigrating is a bit dramatic... but that's the desire thats being drummed up inside of me if I'm going to be forced to waste a vast amount of money and time to achieve a new piece of paper with absolutely no safety benefit; just to reinstate a privilege I already had.

My ancestors saw all this coming when they emigrated back in 1675! As for you, better late than never... :)
By Flyingfemme
Morgan wrote:I suppose emigrating is a bit dramatic...

Maybe, maybe not. This ruling will force EU resident ferry pilots out of business....it will all have to go to furriners. There may not be many of them but the earnings are perfectly good foreign currency and I'm not about to throw away twenty years of building a business. So they lose a based business and tax revenue.