Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Steve G
Does anyone have any experience of the aircraft sales market.

Is a aircraft something that usually sells reasonably quickly, assuming it is in good condition and priced correctly?

Are there any websites that are specifically for selling aircraft privately?

Are there good and bad makes / models. If looking for a 4 seat tourer, is there a BMW and a Skoda, if so which are they?

Regards
By ChrisVJ
NO. No. Yes. Yes.

Lots of websites about it out there but they are sometimes hard to find.
By poetpilot
1. YES

2. NO (not at the moment it seems)

3. Try....

http://www.afors.co.uk

http://www.thehangar.co.uk

4. YES. But just like buying computers, you have to know what sort of aeroplane you want before you look. Tourer? aerobatic? single seat 2-seat 4-seat ? classic? STOL? ex-mil (if you've won the lottery)?

I'm sure we are all willing to help, if you promise us a ride in your 2-seat Spitfire once you've bought it :-)))))
By GG
Steve,
There are many variables, hence why you have received No/Yes type answers. I sold my first plane last year, it sold in under 1 month, which may make ask 'was it too cheap'? I dont think so, it just happened to be excactly what someone wanted at that time. A friend took 6 months to sell his aircraft. So it largely depends on what it is? What price band it is in? How desirable it is? Who is looking to buy at the time?
Also 'Good condition' can have a number of different meanings, Another friend of mine has a PA28 140 for sale that is in very good 'mechanical condition' but needs a new interior. IMHO he would sell it far more quickly if he spent another 2.5 to 3k on a reasonable retrim.
In answer to the BMW vs Skoda question, that does apply to some extent. For 'BMW' read Beech Bonanza (which I happen to be fortunate to own) or Mooney and for 'Skoda', try Rallye or several eastern block types. (No offence intended toward Rallye owners).
I have opinions on what sells quickly and what doesn't, based upon my experience and that of numerous people in the flying community that I operate within. In my opion what it is, is more important than the condition. Hope that helps.
GG