Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rotorhead
If I had a quid for each time I heard the same from the "Professionals" :?

No big deal Rob.... Tell us about your sex life instead :D
By AlanB
Never made a single mistake myself.......apart from the time I left the keys in the door, and wondered what that banging was after take off, nice modern aircraft with real switches for the mags...shame about the circle inscribed in the nice shiny paint around the door lock casued by the keys :oops: ........and the time I got carb heat and mixture muddled up........and the time I "thought" I'd have enough fuel, and would have had plenty apart from some silly bint in the tower who got a bit panicy about another aircrafts emergency (pressurization in a jet, which wasn't really an emergency at all), vectored us all over the Isle of Wight for 30 mins to keep us out of the way, and for some stange reason the engine started to cough and splutter on the ILS :oops: Perfect fuel management in my book, we still had a bit left in the RH tank, as the spluttering stopped when I switched it (and it gave the fuel guy a laugh). But the most fun was had in America. Flying back into the LA basin from Phoenix at about 1am, bit bored, auto pilot on, so we started tuning into all the Pilot Controlled Lighting en-route, **** the PTT several times and lighting up all these airports like Christmas trees. Very pretty too. Over one particular airport in San Diego, at about 10000' we flicked the switch and lit it up, then all of a sudden this French voice came panicing over the radio (imagine French accent):

"Socal ooo else is on zee ILS"
"say again"
"NXXXX ooo else isse on zee ILS, ooh else isse on zee ILS"
"no one sir, you're the only one"
"why have all zee lights turned on, it was not me? ees there another aircraft"
"negative you're the only one. I have another aircraft overhead you at 10000"

"N12334 cleared direct oceanside, <chuckle> without turning on any more runway lights"

EA :D
By AlanB
Ah yes, you see you can't take this flying lark too seriously......

Now, anyone fancy coming flying :P