Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Steve Morley
Moderator! Moderate thyself! :wink:
By Mike Cross
Mr very-sexy-twin operator?

A fine example of punctuation. With the second hyphen omitted it would have had an entirely different meaning!

Mike
By Steve Morley
With both missing even more so :shock:
By flyguy
Steve Morley wrote:Moderator! Moderate thyself! :wink:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

:)
By Antony Hirst
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? "

Yeah, I saw that Inspector Morse episode too :P
By flyguy
..whose title was, of course, lifted from the Roman satirist Juvenal..
By Old Pilot
The Pacific ferry pilots make the Atlantic look like a garden pond. I used Southern Cross in Camarillo California to ferry a Piper Lance from the West coast to Sydney back in the late 80's.(pre GPS) It took them five days. Some of the legs were 18 hours at a time. Not only do they fit ferry tanks, they fit a ferry oil system as well.

Many of the pilots working the Pacific were ex Vietnam vets.
By poetpilot
It has been said many times (on the back of car windows mainly) that REAL pilots fly taildraggers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with Vince on this.

But I'll leave you southern jessies to your wonderfully stable tincans :P :P

:cheers:
By Adam
2Donkeys wrote:There is a difference between an aircraft such as the Chippy and the kind of harmless tin cans that most people on this forum fly.

Are N reg Blue Citations harmless tin cans too?
By Guest
They can be trimmed for hands off flight without any problem at all... so I guess that the answer is yes!

:D
By Adam
To be fair I suppose you can get into trouble even quicker though :lol: :mrgreen:
By Graham Potts
OK.... I thought I could trim my aircraft for level flight reasonably well. But recently, most specifically when doing my IMC renewal, I have found that I have to return to the trim wheel an awful lot to correct things. I either drift into a gentle climb or a gentle descent. I make a very small correction and then all is ok for a short while and off we go again... up or down. In fact, I had a new a/p fitted this year and decided against the alt hold on the grounds that it would seriously degrade my trimming skills - such as they are!!

Is there a trick I am missing here??

I have also been given to understand that if you leave almost any aeroplane to its own devices that it will tend to roll over if you don't make the odd roll correction. I understood that the usual tendency is that if you just wait most aircraft will end up in a spiral dive. My aircraft can probably be described as a
harmless tin can I suppose!